Sunday, May 28, 2023

May Stitch Along Update #2

These past three weeks seem to have flown by. I had hoped to show you the Woodland Animals Stocking completely finished, but I have yet to go to the store to buy the cording needed to sew it up. This is where I was on the last update.

The stocking is now completely stitched with all the beads and sequins added.
I am very pleased with the final result.

So now I have decided that it is long past time to finish October Morning. I have been dithering with the stitching on this here and there. It is a project that my mother started long ago and did not enjoy one bit. She had made many mistakes in the stitching, so I removed it all and started over. It is a stamped cross-stitch that is now about 2/3 complete. I have been sharing my progress on my blog on and off over the years. Now it will be my Stitch Along project until it is finished.....I think. You never know when something else might come along. 
This is where I am currently on October Morning.
I am working on a big mass of trees and leaves right now. Almost all of the blue in the hoop still needs to be stitched. Most of the blue on the left (out of the hoop) is sky that doesn't need any stitching. There are some leaves that need to be stitched on the branches. 

Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post.

Avis, ClaireGunChristinaKathyMargaret,

HeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharonDaisy

AJCathieLindaHelen, MaryMargaretCindy

Thanks for stopping by!





20 comments:

  1. Well done on the stocking , and your UFO is coming along .
    Enjoy your Sunday stitching hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be a great project to finish, and you will be so happy to have it done! I can’t believe how fast you did that last stocking, you were flying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Christmas stocking is beautiful. I love all the animals. The sequins and beads finish off the picture perfectly. And, it will be put together and done in plenty of time for Christmas! At the rate you have been stitching lately, October morning may be done by the fall. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stocking is lovely, Cathie! Such a great keepsake for your family members. I think October Morning is beautiful, too. Is it the type of project you would frame and hang on the wall? I hope your mom will enjoy seeing it finished, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish on the stocking. I bet you will be happy to get October Morning finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cathie... congrats on the BEAUTIFUL stocking front! I can't wait to see it totally finished with backing etc... will you add piping on this one??? You are sooo talented in this arena. I am glad October is gonna be on your main radar... this is the one your mom started is that right???
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stocking, and the October stitching is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done on fihishing the stocking, and also for picking up the piece your Mum never finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I am happy the stocking is done so I can move on to other projects.

      Delete
  9. Fabulous the stitching on the stocking is finished. It is beautiful. Always a joy to see October Morning. Those trees are going to add such beauty to this project. I am looking forward to seeing this pretty when every stitch has been stitched. It is such a lovely cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once I'm finished with the little baby blanket I will be starting a birth sampler! I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stocking looks lovely and I can hardly wait to see the completed version next time! Good on you for taking over your Mum's cross stitch and bringing it back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad you're going to finish October Morning. It's a great project and a shame not to finish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the picture, but I don't really enjoy the stamped cross-stitch. It will be pretty when it is done though.

      Delete
  13. Hi Cathie: Youe stocking is so pretty, I love using beads on cross stitching. October Morning is so close to the finish line I hope you keep at it.
    Have a great day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. The stocking looks brilliant :-) Don't forget to show us when it's all made up. The autumn project is a perfect WIP for the SAL. It deserves to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like the autumn project. I will be sure to show you the finished stocking. I have to go to the fabric store today to get the cording.

      Delete
  15. Your stocking looks beautiful, as does the autumn stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cross stitched stocking is just beautiful, Cathie. It will be quite the treasure. And I love that you are finishing something your mom had chosen and started. It is a pretty scene and also will be a treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.