Sunday, February 26, 2023

Yarn, floss, fabric and baking.

 I am making a whole lot of progress on the four items that I am consistently working on. The secret baby blanket now has 112 of 198 rows completed. Thats 56%!

I am just knitting along on the second baby blanket. 

I am really pleased with how quickly this knitting is going. I bring it with me when I visit my mother and also work on it when watching TV at night.

I have been making great progress on the birth announcement also.


The border is done as are the flowers, red bird and butterfly. The only cross-stitching left is the rest of the rainbow (I need to finish the yellow and add orange and red) and some clouds. After that is just back stitching outlines and lettering.

I have been spending a few mornings each week working on the Log Cabin Star quilt. I finally have 71 of 196 star blocks completed and I have good start on the next 10.

I had a few bananas going bad, but I didn't want to make the usual quick bread or muffins. I was thumbing through a cookbook and found Sweet Banana Bread which is a yeast bread. It made two loaves. My recipe is from an old Better Homes and Gardens Bread book, but you can find the same recipe here.

 I should have trusted my nose and taken them out of the oven before the 30 minutes the recipe called for. They are much darker than they should be and the bottoms are slightly burnt. The bread is extremely light and very tasty though. You really wouldn't know there was banana in it. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will be working on all of the above and celebrating my birthday.

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. Great knitting love the colour and the sampler is looking so cute .
    Bread looks yummy , have a fun Sunday hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the recipe and it looks good - I will print it out and give it a try. You are doing so well with the knitting it will be done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coincidimos, también estoy tejiendo cuando veo la televisión por la noche, estás haciendo preciosos trabajos y disfrutando de un rico pan. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweet banana bread looks delicious. I always trust my nose now. There have been times when I haven't and the cakes have been a little burnt. The baby blanket is looking lovely in the rib pattern. It is knitting up quickly and the birth announcement is progressing nicely, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. The birth announcement is really coming along! Looks like it will be really cute. Glad the blanket knitting is going well, too. Your bread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bread looks delicious! The knitting is growing by the day. Your new grandson’s baby announcement will be all ready by the birth day to just add his name and weight. Take care. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started knitting again after a crazy week with my dad being so sick. He is improving but still in ICU. We are highly encouraged!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.