Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Totally Sidelined

It looks there is going to be huge lull in my crafting and blogging for quite some time. I was out on my early morning walk on Monday. Usually I walk in the street, but the school buses were picking up the middle school kids so I moved to the sidewalk to be safe. That was a mistake. I tripped on a raised sidewalk and fell onto my hands and knees. Well I actually fell on my right hand and both knees, but my left hand slipped on the slick grass and I fell on my shoulder. Oh the agony. I was found by a nice man walking his dogs. He called my husband who called an ambulance when he got to me. I thought I had dislocated my shoulder, but no it is broken. I have a sling to keep it immobile as well as pain meds and a muscle relaxer. Right now I can't really do much for myself. Washing and dressing are impossible especially as I can't put my arm in a sleeve.  My daughter had to cut off my t-shirt and sports bra Monday night. Walking is even tentative as it hurts to jostle the shoulder. Getting up from a chair is painful as is getting out of bed which I can't do on my own. This is going to be a multiple week recovery most likely followed by therapy. I go to the orthopedist tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Oh no! I’m sorry to hear you have hurt yourself. It sounds like you are very uncomfortable. I hope you recover soon. Take care. I’m glad there was someone there to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry that sounds horrible to have to be so dependent on others while you recover - please take care and get as much rest as you can

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear--you need to and read this blog https://catpatches.blogspot.com/
    as she did the same thing--she is doing pretty well now though but still some PT--her blogs are fun reads--she did hers about 5-6 months ago I believe--she will help you with yours I am sure--and from me comes prayers--
    and there is alot of good books you can read while recovering!!!
    luv, di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh noooo!! So sorry you are hurting!! Sending good thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh!! This is really bad news. So so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS. I'm praying for you!! This is awful and I bet it hurts like heck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! That’s awful. Take care and I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Blessed Redeemer as my grandmother used to say. Cathie, I am so there thinking about you as this could so easily happen to me. I very nearly had a bad fall last week on the stone front steps. In saving myself, I wrenched my back and my hip (which didn't make sense) and was crippling about for several days. I will be thinking about you and you must follow the advice and take all the time you need to heal. Wish I was nearby to help out.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no , I know whats it's like , when I hurt my shoulder I could not do any thing could not even comb my hair .
    Good news after a week I could stitch if I only used my hands and did not move my shoulder .
    It takes time I have to be so careful even now the worse thing is I can't lift anything with my right arm .
    I have invested in sports bras but now I am going to buy front opening ones .
    You will soon learn what you can do and what you can't do .
    But it will take time. BIG HUGS .

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i feel your pain....really...i also fell 4/27, fractured hip...also sidelined...quick healing for both of us...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, so sorry to hear this. I feel your pain. I felt pretty helpless when I broke my foot, but at least I had the use of my arms. Hope your healing goes smoothly and you feel better each and every day. Gentle healing ((HUGS)). Will check back frequently to see if you have updates.

    ReplyDelete
  12. praying for your surgery to go well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.