Sunday, May 23, 2021

Stitch Along Update

As I explained in my last post there is most likely going to be a break in my stitching updates every three weeks as I have broken my left shoulder. Thankfully I am somewhat ambidextrous, but I still have to wear a sling and I am going to opt for the surgery that will probably occur this week. That will result in another 4-6 weeks of wearing a sling followed by physical therapy.

So, here is where Santa was three weeks ago. 

This is how much I had stitched prior to Monday's fall.

In the last three weeks I filled in a lot of red and some blue in the fur trim of Santa's hat. It going to be diificult to work on Santa as he currently resides in a scrool frame that is too unwieldly to manage one-handed.

I think I may be able to continue to slowly work on my secret stitching, but obviously I won't be able to show my progress. 

By the way, for someone who normally touch types, typing this post one-handed is exhausting and annoying.

Thanks so much to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks.

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other talented bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. You will see a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post. 

AvisClaireGunCaroleConstanzeChristinaKathy

MargaretCindyHeidiJackie, SunnyMegan,

 Deborah, ReneeCarmelaSharonDaisy,

 AnneAJ, LauraCathieLindaHelen  

Thanks for stopping by! 


27 comments:

  1. The Santa is just beautiful.
    Wishing you get back to stitching soon .
    Take care .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. Sorry to learn about your fall and broken bone. May your surgery be a success. Love your cheerful Santa. Take car. No need to reply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the best with your surgery this week. You will be as good as new soon! Sending a gentle, socially distanced hug to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not envy you the upcoming surgery and then the healing process and PT. You are blogging well considering doing this one handed - not fun at all!! take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful progress on Santa, Cathie! And good luck with surgery - make sure you follow doctor's instructions and get plenty of rest after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do anything I can that gets me back to normal as quickly as possible.

      Delete
  6. Oh no, Cathie! I missed your previous post, so had to go back and read it. I'm so sorry to hear about your fall and the coming surgery. I did something similar and broke my wrist a few years back. It does change your life for awhile. Wishing you smooth sailing with the surgery and a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Cathie, I am so sorry to know you broke your shoulder. This is not fun, Hope you are not in pain. Wishing you a faster recovery from surgery. I will be sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were making such good progress. So sorry to hear you've broken your shoulder. It's going to feel like a long haul getting back to normal but I hope you can enjoy planning lots of crafting if you can't actually do very much for now. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fir visiting. I am not looking forward to the long hall, but I know I will be better afterward.

      Delete
  9. Praying your shoulder will heal quickly after surgery! i love your Santa progress though! I bet it will be hard to not sew for several weeks! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Healing thoughts and prayers! You made awesome progress on Santa and he'll be waiting for you when you're able to get back to him :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Cathie! Sorry to hear about your fall! Your Santa is so lovely, and you've made so much progress. I hope you heal quickly. Your stitching can wait for you to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Santa. Hope your shoulder heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely progress! I hope all goes well with surgery and recovery. Take care, Cathie and don't push yourself too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the surgery and Santa is looking amazing. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The progress is wonderful. I hope surgery goes well and recovery is faster than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cathie: I am wishing you well on your surgery, i hope you are back to stitching soon.
    Beautiful progress on Santa.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Cathie, that is awful you have broken your shoulder. It must be so painful. Hoping the surgery goes well and your shoulder heals quickly. Santa is looking more fabulous each time. Take care and take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear! What an awful experience! I hope the op. will go well and that you don´t have to be in such pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the pain has subsided, but I haven't really moved my arm in over a week as it is in a sling 24/7. Not syre I would even want to try moving it.

      Delete
  19. Your Santa is looking quite jolly, wish your shoulder was the same! Praying that the surgery and recovery go well, and that you are able to start therapy sooner than expected! Take care Cathie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Cathy so sorry to hear this news, hope all goes well and you are back with us soon. In the mean time I am sure we will all understand if you do not post for a few weeks. xxx P.S. Good luck with the op.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a visit with the doctor today it appears that I won't need surgey after all.

      Delete
  21. I'm so sorry to hear about your shoulder, I hope you'll recover soon. You've made some great progress on this and it's looking lovely, be a shame to not be able to finish it !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.