Thursday, August 27, 2020

Reading

I have been reading like crazy this summer. I recently finished "The Geometry of Sisters" by Luanne Rice.

The-Geometry-of-Sisters-A-Novel-Newport-Rhode-Island

I almost didn't finish reading this novel, but I am glad I did. I have to admit that it is a little depressing, but it is the story of a broken family with some of its highs and lows. I would recommend it.

Following that book, I decided to read "Stars of Fortune" by Nora Roberts. This is the first book of one of her classic magical romance trilogies. 

Stars of Fortune (Guardians Trilogy): Nora Roberts

Oh I just couldn't put this book down. It was fun, full of mythological creatures and introduced the 6 main characters in wonderful ways. There was just enough suspenseful action and romance. Of course, once I finished book one I had to move on to book 2.

Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts

This second book was just as good as the first and I finished it in no time. This book followed the second couple of the six characters. There was no let down from the first book. I was worried that I would miss some of the unique attributes of the main characters of the first book, but they were represented well in this book as well. Of course when I was finished I had to move on to book 3 "Island of Glass".

Island of Glass (Guardians Trilogy): Roberts, Nora: 9780425280126:  Amazon.com: Books

I finished that this morning. Following the interactions of all six main characters and specifically the third couple was so very interesting. It is a Nora Roberts trilogy, so you can be pretty sure of a mostly happy ending and I wasn't disappointed. I hardly put down any of these three books. Needless to say, I didn't get much stitching done these past two weeks.

I just had to share what I have been reading. 

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Oh sounds like the Nora Roberts' books are good ones...thanks for the reviews...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love when I hit a line of books that are captivating and engrossing. My reading slowed down this past week but I have great plans this weekend to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.