Thursday, June 4, 2020

Knitting, crafting and reading

I am trying to learn how to use the new Blogger format when writing this post.
Thankfully Barbara from Cat Patches has published some handy tips. Please bear with me if I make some mistakes.
First I would like to share my progress on the Butterfly Baby Blanket. I am about 2/3 done with it. I knit a couple of rows each night. 
Here is a close-up of the pattern.
Isn't it looking great? No, I still don't have a recipient, but I will keep it for the future. 

Do you remember these floral arrangements that I made for my daughter's bridal shower last summer? There were two of them.
Well, I finally took them apart and repurposed them into this tobacco basket for my master bathroom.
I am really happy with how it looks on the wall.

I have been doing a whole lot of reading as well. Since my last reading update I have finished "The Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah. You can read my impression of it here. I have also finished re-reading "Knit Two" by Kate Jacobs.
4609710. sy475
I had read this previously, but I want to read the 3rd novel of the series and couldn't remember many of the character details. Since none of the books that I had on hold for my Kindle were available, I decided to read an actual book that I had on hand.
I am now in the middle of "Bellewether" by Susanna Kearsley.
25094955. sy475
 I knew nothing about this book. I was just scrolling through what was available on my Kindle through my library and decided to borrow it. I am thoroughly enjoying this historical/contemporary fiction novel. Supposedly there is a little mystery also. As a bonus it takes place on my home turf of Long Island. There are some references to actual towns around here. Other than "The Great Gatsby" I don't think I have read another book set on Long Island. 

Now I have lined up on my Kindle "The Book of Life" by Deborah Harkness that I have been waiting for since March and "A Girl's Guide to Moving On" by Debbie Macomber. The latter I may just have to let lapse once I am done with Bellewether as I really want to read "The Book of Life" that I have been waiting for. 

Well that is a little bit of what I have been up to. I think I have figured out most of this new Blogger format.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been busy ,Love the blanket .
    I always try and keep something made up for a baby girl or boy , and they always seem to go as gifts before the year end .
    Also little blankets , now my GGD asked me for a little blanket for her Birthday or Christmas .
    So you can never have to many in stock.
    Enjoy your books I am reading so many books the last few weeks.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is beautiful. I also loved the new arrangement in the basket, a great way to repurpose the flowers, it looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am very pleased with the new basket decor.

      Delete
  3. Cathie: Your baby blanket is lovely.
    I am an avid reader, I usually buy my books about six or seven at a time so I never run out, I know many people who love their Kindle I just could not get used to it, my whole family uses Kindle.
    These books look very interesting to me.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that baby blanket - it looks very soft and cuddly. I jotted down the names of the books and will look and see if they are available - always looking for more in the summer to read

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blanket and I've read all three books in the Friday Night Knitting Club series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One way you can guarantee that is by deciding on online Quran classes for youngsters.

    online quran classes for kids

    online quran classes for adults

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.