Sunday, June 28, 2020

Visits

My son came to visit us two weeks ago and stayed for a week. It was so nice to see him after 3 1/2 months. I got a picture of him when we went to walk on the boardwalk at Jones Beach.
The clouds with the sunset over the water was pretty.

Now my daughter, her husband and their pup, Ruby, are visiting. We last saw my daughter in February and her husband and Ruby in December.
It is so nice to see them again. Ruby likes to give kisses...
and sleep.....sometimes.
I have been working on Patriotic Bunny. The hat is done as well as the first arm. Now I am working on the flag. I am concentrating on this piece only right not to try to finish it soon.
I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. Maybe I can finish that flag on this hot, muggy day. It's a good day to stay quiet in the air conditioning.

Our pool is open though also so we will probably take a dip in it in the late afternoon.
You can see my Kousa Dogwood in bloom in the background.
It is quite pretty this year. 
The astilbe in front of my house is very pretty too.
Speaking of astilbe. I took some pictures of my mom's astilbe also.

Mom has many different colors that she planted over the years. I have taken some baby plants from her for my back yard every once in a while. I will show you those another time.

Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

  1. Patriotic Bunny is coming along, love seeing the progress. So glad you got to see your children! Your garden is looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patriotic Bunny gets better and better each week. Astilbes are quite pretty grouped together. Lucky you to have a pool for a quick dip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see your kids, I bet! We haven't seen ours in person since Christmas, and I miss them, even though we talk and video chat every week. Your patriotic bunny is coming along well. And your dogwood is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely family photos! Your garden flowers look lovely and that pool looks very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice it is when the kids come home and the family can be together.
    Your embroidery is very nice, a fun little guy!
    Nice to see the beautiful flowers in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful you have had your family visiting with you. I can just imagine the lovely times you enjoyed after such a long time of not seeing each other. Your pool looks inviting. Your garden is looking lovely, too; I have always loved Dogwood trees. As for your patriotic bunny....he is looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you got to see your kids and lovely gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to see the kids after so long! Your flowers are gorgeous. Love the dogwood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely family photos always heart warming in these times.
    Your garden looks wonderful.
    Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful to finally see your family. I must admit to been a tad jealous I am so looking forward to when we can all get together again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Family!! how very nice :) I am hoping I get to see my daughter and son in law soon they are in Delaware and she isn't happy with the virus numbers, so I wait. I will be seeing my son and his fiancee again but they are moving mid July to Indiana and then poof my seeing them will be less. WAH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.