Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day Slow Stitching

Happy Father's Day to my dear husband. 
Hubby has been a wonderful Dad to our two children for over 30 years. 

Our son has been visiting us for the past week. The last time we saw him was February 29th. He will be returning home today. He did manage to have short social distance visits with the two grandmothers yesterday. I hope we get to see him a little more often from now on.

I have made some progress on my Patriotic Bunny, but I don't think he will be finished by July 4th. That's okay, I am enjoying the stitching, though I have to say that the navy blue fabric is hard on the eyes some days.
His hat still needs another stripe of white on the right.

I finished reading both "The Book of Life" and "Time's Convert" by Deborah Harkness. I had read these books previously. I love "The Book of Life" which is the 3rd book of a trilogy. I remember now that I wasn't as thrilled with "Time's Convert". It is a continuation of the trilogy that is not as satisfying a read. It is still an enjoyable book, but not as good as the first three. 

I don't have any books queued up on my Kindle at this time. I think I will try to read some of the magazines that I have piled up.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will add a few stitches to Patriotic Bunny today.

Thanks for stopping by!



10 comments:

  1. I love your Patriotic Bunny. The navy background linen might be hard on your eyes, but, it makes your bunny look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have way too many books on the kindle to read and keep adding more! one audio book on the phone to listen to as well. Glad a visit from your son was possible

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could enjoy some family visits. Enjoy your bunny stitches! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to enjoy the process of stitching, and not worry about a deadline. Your bunny is really taking shape, Cathie! Glad you were able to enjoy a visit with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bunny is adorable, and with no company, I bet you progress quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing how the bunny is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thrilled for you that you were able to enjoy a visit from your son and he was able to visit both of your Mums. I am so looking forward to visiting with my family as soon as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to have your son staying! I agree he dark fabric is difficult to work on but does look effective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your patriotic bunny is precious! Thanks for sharing and Happy Father's day belatedly to your hubby! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy father's day and love the bunny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.