Sunday, July 9, 2017

Summer of Love Challenge

I have started on my Summer of Love challenge piece. It is totally my own design and not completely planned out yet. I will be designing as I go. The peace sign is the foundation of the design though. 
I started stitching it when we traveled to PA to help my son get his apartment set up.
I have added some stitches to Baker Beach also. This is where it stood last week....
and here it is now.
The blues are finished and I am working on a grey right now. I hope to finish that color at the very least as I join Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. Tomorrow I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.

With all the recent rain we have had, my flowers have really taken off.
 I am really pleased with the begonias and impatiens this year.
 I love the pot below and I always try to find a plant that will spill out of it. Yes, the deck needs fixing. That should be happening any day now.
 This pot is Hubby's favorite this year.
 The purple salvia in these pots is taking over.
 This late blooming variety of hydrangea has loads of blooms this year.
Aren't they just gorgeous?

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Your flowers are lovely pops of colour for your deck! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the peace sign project. Have a relaxing time with your stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathie: I love seeing floral photos.
    great progress on baker Beach, I cannot wait to see the finished stitch.
    Lovely green color on Peace.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you do one colour at a time when working on your Baker Beach? Did you use a software program to generate your pattern, or did you purchase it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such beautiful flower pots--
    Baker beach is really moving along so well and I love your Peace sign idea--will be interested to see which way you go with it.
    I just ordered a stamped cross stitch butterfly medallion to work on this summer--haven't cross stitched in a long time..felt it calling my name lol
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the rain really has done marvels, such a beautiful array of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on Baker Beach! Your pots of flowers are gorgeous, so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cross stitch is looking great. Gray is a hard color to work with I think because it doesn't stand out. But it enables the other colors to sparkle so it's necessary. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vibrant green on your Summer of Love piece I look forward to seeing it reveal itself in the end. Your flowers are just lovely and so full of lush color. Baker Beach progress grows steady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you got a good start on your challenge piece. Love that bright green. Baker Beach looks great too. Enjoy your stitching time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'v accomplished so much on your challenge piece as well as your cross stitch beach and lighthouse! Hoping your son does well and you adjust! Love those flowers! So beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful flower pots love them all.
    You stitching looks so beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeing your flowers makes me want to buy more flowers! I love your assortment of blooms, so cheerful and portable. The stitching is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cathie - amazing cross-stitching project - so, so beautiful! Love all of your beautiful flowers, too! Thanks for stopping in for a visit - I hope you stop by again. Love your creative blog (new follower). xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely flowers! We know it's summer by the flowers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cross stitch is looking great. Gray is a hard color to work with I think because it doesn't stand out. But it enables the other colors to sparkle so it's necessary. Nice work.
    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.