Sunday, July 23, 2017

Summer Days

Most of my summer days are going like this. First I take a brisk half hour walk around my neighborhood. After breakfast, I spend some time working on the Summer of Love Challenge. This is where I am so far.
Then I spend several hours preparing for my Fall university Precalculus course. I want to be fully prepared with assignments and tests prior to the Fall semester.

I usually find time in the afternoon to work on Baker Beach. I now only have about one and a third pages left.
Two days a week I tutor in the afternoon and I also visit my mother a few days a week. I help her around the house or I take her out running errands or to doctor's visits. 

I try to go in our pool a few afternoons before dinner (or after) also. Since the weather has been in the nineties this past week, the pool has felt like bath water. Just the way I like it. I am also trying to read some books. I finished Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and I am now reading Mrs. Lincoln's Rival by Jennifer Chiaverini. This is the same author that writes the Elm Street Quilt Series, but this is an historical novel. I read Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker a while ago and really liked it so I decided to give this book a try.

All in all, this is a really enjoyable way to spend my Summer.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. Tomorrow I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Your summer days sound full and productive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful routine to me. You are getting lots of stitching done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the ideal summer to me...except for maybe the precalculus course. Happy stitching! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the Summer of Love was in the 70s! Peace out!

    Thanks for the book recommendations. I'm always looking for good books to read.

    And I like pool water the temp of bath water too! I'm heading out that way with the granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are really making progress on both of your beautiful projects! Awesome!

    I read Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker as well as many of the other novels in the series. As a matter of fact, I now recall that was one of the reasons I started quilting!

    Love your schedule and happy you are able to relax this summer!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Summer days is beautiful.
    Your Summer sounds wonderful enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your summer days sound perfect to me, the progress on Baker Beach and the Summer of Love is coming along lovely. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, fun to meet a fellow teacher! Anddd after touring your blog...I'm your newest follower! Looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you are having a very full but satisfying summer so far! Both your projects look great. I can't believe how much you've done of the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer passes so quickly as we fill our days so full.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you sound like you have a busy schedule that I am in awe at all the stitching you do get done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your summer sounds peaceful to me. You have love satin stitching. I hate to think how mine would look if I were doing that design! The beach is coming along pretty fast. Only a little over a page? I think you were about half-finished when I first found your blog. It's been an amazing journey. I can hardly wait to see the rest filled in! Can you believe school is almost upon us again? Here in TN, the littles go back the second week of August, the 9th or 10th, I think. I know university is later, but still - I guess I can look forward to cooler days for stitching! Thanks for your encouraging words on Holly Cottage Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like the ideal summer to me...except for maybe the precalculus course. Happy stitching! --Andrea


    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.