Sunday, July 2, 2017

Baker Beach Update

I have gotten a whole lot of stitches done this past week, almost 1000! All blue.
I am not sure that I can keep this pace up as there are so many other summer projects that I have to work on and not all of them are crafting. I am trying to spend about an hour a day on Baker Beach and more on updating my PreCalculus university class. I am using a new textbook so I have to update my assignments. I also want to subtract some topics that I think are unnecessary and add some that I believe will be more useful.

I am also reading again. I picked up Nora Roberts' Key of Light
I really love her books that include magic and sorcery. It is probably the same reason that I love all of the Harry Potter books. I am thoroughly engrossed in this book right now. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the trilogy over the course of the summer.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. I plan to work on the grey-blue color that I am currently stitching. I would love to finish that color today. I will join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape on Monday. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

  1. Your piece is certainly coming to life so well!! Summer is such a busy time, isn't it?
    I haven't read that Nora Roberts book--will give it a try--thanks for the tip hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing lots of stitching this weekend, but it won't appear in my blog until next week. You have been stitching at break-neck speed this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. watching your Baker Beach come to Life has been so much fun over the past months... now i have Melissa checking in, too ... as a matter of fact, you've inspired her to stitch on her Egyptian sampler(after having it mellow for a couple of years)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of stitches! It must feel great to reach the other side (I presume that is the edge of the embroidery!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathie: Oh my great progress, 1000 stitch's is great, some weeks I only get in 20.
    I am like you so many summer projects to do, I do make time to lay in the sun if its warm enough, today it is a warm 80 degrees, love it.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a lot of stitches!! And pre-calculus..... just the thought of it is enough to send my brain spinning. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fantastic progress! Baker's Beach looks great. I hope you enjoy your book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent progress! Good luck with all your other duties and I've read that one and enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless your heart for teaching Pre-Calculus! I cried my way through Algebra 1 in college! My son and his friend (high school freshmen) as well as my tutor got me through math in college! Thank God my professors were oh so patient with me!

    Your progress is really coming along nicely! I admire your work and tenacity. Thank you for continuing to share your project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic progress on Baker Beach!! A teachers work never ends, even on vacation your working! Enjoy your reading time! Mary&RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lot of stitiches, you certainly are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I didn't realize there was another whole mountain to the picture! Well, you may have a bit to go, and it may slow down, but it's coming along so nicely - lots done since I started watching it. Curious if you had input to the university changing the text book for the PreCalc class.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Your WIP is looking great , looks like a good book must try that one I will add it to my pile of books .

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1000 stitches is amazing progress! I know what you mean about having so many other projects that need attention. I often wish I could clone myself... lol

    I loved the Nora Roberts Key Trilogy! I might have to pick it up from the library so I can read it again.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That's a lot of stitches! It must feel great to reach the other side (I presume that is the edge of the embroidery!)

    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.