Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Yarn Along and Apple Pie

This weekend hubby and I went to the Mill Neck Manor Fall Harvest Festival. This is a fund-raising event for the Mill Neck Manor School for the Deaf. It is also known as the Apple Fest. Look at all the apples below:
  
 
We bought three five-pound bags and a small mum.


There are also craft and food vendors as well as activities for children. I forgot my camera so only a couple of pictures from hubby's phone. A great way to have some fun and support a great cause.

Of course, with all those apples I had to make my go-to apple pie.

This is a fairly quick microwave recipe that gets placed in the oven for only about 15 minutes. It is hubby's favorite. The recipe is from this book:
 
Joining Ginny's Yarn Along. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? Hop on over to her site to see what others are making and reading.
 
I have finished the back of my sweater!

This is a big accomplishment for me. Now I am making two pockets, easy knitting. Then I get to start on the front. The back came out so well that I am excited about the rest of the knitting.
 
I am still reading The Ocean Between Us by Susan Wiggs. As usual, I am enjoying her writing. My reading is still going slow though because there seems to be so many other things to do. I did manage to finish washing all of the windows in my home. I always feel a great sense of satisfaction each fall and spring when this task is completed. Now I feel ready to face the holiday season.
 

Thanks for stopping by!
 


4 comments:

  1. It is such a happy feeling to finish the biggest part of a sweater project--the back! Your knitting looks beautiful. I would have never thought you could microwave a pie. I find that I am using my microwave more and more these days for things I hadn't before. Maybe a pie is next! The apple festival looks like a nice fall outing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. We love this pie. Only a few minutes in the microwave then into a cold oven that you then turn on. Only @ 15 minutes in the oven.

      Delete
  2. what a great knitting project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my little blog! I really like the sweater you are making. Apple pie is one of my favorite comfort foods! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.