Wednesday, October 30, 2013

New Yarn for the Yarn Along

~" Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? " ~ Ginny at Small ThingsI am joining Ginny's Yarn Along.
 
 
Look at this soft colorful yarn I just picked up. They are both sock yarns, one bought at AC Moore, one at the local yarn store. I have a secret crochet project in mind for each one so I can only share the yarn.

I finished the left side of my sweater and have started knitting the right side. It is so true that knitting gets much easier as you go along. The left side took me just over a week. I know, I know, there are those of you who can knit much quicker, but I have many projects in the works and I can't decide to stick with any one.

 Especially when I feel guilty about some of my projects such as my daughter's holiday quilt that should have been quilted many moons ago. Sigh..... I'm not sure if you can see the quilting in the green and red borders. It is a string of Christmas lights.  I didn't take into account the constant direction changes needed to stitch the bulbs by hand. It is slow going. 
 
I am thoroughly enjoying reading The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood. It is not at all what I expected, but it is quite interesting none the less. I fear I will be reading it for quite some time though for the same reason that my knitting is going slowly....too many crafts calling to me. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 


7 comments:

  1. Your quilt and sweater look very nice. I know how it is to have so many projects going and each one takes soooo long to finish. I've read that book and thought it was very good although very sad, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes the book is sad yet not a tear jerker, at least not for me.

      Delete
  2. I like having several projects going . . . usually I go for one complicated one (for when I feel up to it), one easy project (for when I'm tired), and one small project that can fit in my purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have my projects divided similarly. I can no longer see my counted cross-stitch at night, so night-time is reserved for knitting and crochet.

      Delete
  3. I, too, usually have several (too many) projects going at once which is why it takes me forever (really) to finish anything. :) Have fun with that pretty new yarn! And have fun finishing your sweater, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to have different WIPs for variety, though I sometimes power through one project. I'm more likely to have startitis!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new yarn you bought, so lovely together, I also am quite partial to secret knitting. I tend to have two to four projects on the needles so I don't get bored with whatever I'm knitting on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.