Wednesday, October 23, 2013

An Inset Pocket and Yarn Along

~" Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? " ~ Ginny at Small ThingsI am joining Ginny's Yarn Along. Feel free to check out her site and peek in on what others are knitting/crocheting and reading.
 
I am so excited! I have managed to knit an inset pocket.
 


See that stitch holder, behind it is the pocket piece I knitted last week. I know, I know, those of you who are accomplished knitters are wondering what the big deal is, but this is a first for this 50-something lady and I am quite impressed with myself. I can even understand now how I might be able to inset a pocket in a crocheted sweater - something you rarely see.
My knitting is moving along much quicker now that I am more sure of what I am doing. Hopefully I will be able to finish this sweater soon, although there still seems to be an awful lot to complete. There is no time frame though so no real pressure.

I finally finished The Ocean Between Us by Susan Wiggs. It was quite a good book, so I'm not really sure why it took me so long to read. My next book is The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood. I've seen it recommended by other Yarn Along participants and thought I would give it a try.
 
 
How do you like my little witch below? I made this outfit several years ago. It is from Hooked on Crochet magazine, number 53. The edging is more purple than the picture shows. She is the first craft you see when entering my home during October.

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. Teddy looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Halloween costume for the bear! You are really going to like The Knitting Circle. Really good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna, I'm looking forward to reading it.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the pocket!! I love when thinks fall together nicely like that. Lovely knitting by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little witch costume is so cute. : ) Great job on the pocket!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.