The next polar bear ornament just needs its arms and star. There are no problems with the directions for this one.
The log cabin for the snow globe just needs its roof.
I am not sure that I like the DMC conversion flosses for the windows. They seem too bright, but I will make a decision on whether to change them when this piece is finished which will be a while from now. They may grow on me by then.
The hanging sleeve is finally being sewn on Having a Ball.
This is the quilt in the header and has been finished for a while, but it had a lot of color bleeding in the white centers and around the edges. I used ice cubes to get rid of some of it and then - GASP! - threw it in the washing machine with color catchers. Almost all of the bleeding is gone and the rest is very, very faint. Soon I will post a photo of it hanging on the wall.
There are only 3 more blocks to quilt on my mom's Churn Dash.
Have you ever used 1/4" tape as a quilt guide? I find it very helpful.
Once I was finished cutting all the fabric for the log cabin quilt, I just had to sew together the first block.
I am glad I did as the sewing guide I made for myself was off. I have fixed it and numbered the order in which to add the various pieces.
I finished reading The Stolen Queen by Fiona Davis.
I do love her books. This one was fantastic. I had a hard time putting it down. I am now reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, which was made into a movie in 2009. So far I am enjoying it.
I will be joining Frederique at the Quilting Patch on Saturday and Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Take some time to relax with a glass of something cold or a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to their sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.
Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.