Friday, July 17, 2026

A finish!

The first polar bear ornament is finished despite the missing directions for the arm on the left. This one will be for my grandson.

The next polar bear has been started. This will be for my younger granddaughter. 

In keeping with Christmas in July, I am continuing to stitch the log cabin of the snow globe piece.

 I haven’t been concentrating on this so it is growing slowly. 

Another block of my mom’s churn dash quilt has been quilted. I still have to erase the blue markings.

 

There are 4 cross blocks left to quilt and the borders. 

All the beige fabrics for the log cabin quilt have been cut. I’ve moved on to the blues. I’m about 2/3 done with cutting them. I am using mostly scraps from past projects and fat quarters

Some of these fabrics bring back fond memories of those past projects. 

I made raspberry lemonade yogurt popsicles.

These are delicious! You can find the recipe here

Some of these new flowers in our backyard are putting on a show.

I am not sure what these flowers are called.

My coneflower is not blooming as well as usual, but it was transplanted this year and unfortunately put into a shady area.

 I think I will try to transplant it to somewhere with more sun next Spring. 

This lacy hydrangea got a good haircut in early Spring and is in full bloom now.


I was sitting on my front porch reading when this little gecko decided to visit.

We have a lot of them lately. I don't mind them as long as they stay outside.

I stopped reading Cold Sassy Tree when I realized I was wanting to go to the library to get a good book to read. I have yet to start another book. 

I will be joining Frederique at the Quilting Patch on Saturday and Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Take some time to relax with a glass of something cold or a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to their sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by! 

12 comments:

  1. Your quilting pattern on your mom's churn dash is awesome! I love how it incorporates the whole block! May you make lots of progress on your projects in the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little polar bear is adorable, well done with the missing arm (I'm late visiting your previous post but read about the directions). The next bear is going to be super cute! It's nce to have several different projects to work on, the cross stitch globe is growing nicely, and wel done cutting all the beige and blue strips for the log cabin! Enjoy the garden and some gecko while sipping a yummy ice cream ;) Thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilting pattern on the churn dash. The ball quilt in the header is spectacular, and I loved watching that one grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hand quilting on your mom’s quilt. Such a cute ornament! Your flowers are putting on a show. So I much cutting for a log cabin quilt. Soon you will be sewing those pieces together. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute polar bears. They kids will love them. Your flowers are beautiful. I love the quilting on your mom's churn dash quilt. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The polar bears are so cute, Cathie! I'm glad the first one got his arm! The quilting design on the churn dash is so pretty, and lots of pretty blues for your log cabin quilt, too. Those popsicles look yummy - the perfect treat for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your mom's churn dish quilt and the quilting you are stitching; and so many pretty blue fabrics for the log cabin quilt. Isn't that a sweet polar bear Christmas decoration for your grandson. Those popsicles look delicious; perfect for a hot summer's day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure the grandkids treasure the Christmas ornaments you stitch for them. It's a wonderful thing to do each year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have geckos???? wow, I did not know that. You can't tell that the arm instructions were missing, it looks perfect to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The geckos started showing up around our house about 10 years ago. I believe they are Italian Wall geckos. Some supposedly escaped a lizard store years ago and have now spread over Long Island. They like the rock wall we have around our flower beds in front of our house.

      Delete
  10. That polar bear is almost too adorable.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.