Friday, July 31, 2026

End of July update

 This is the last day of July. I have almost finished all of the ornaments for my grandchildren. I did finish my younger granddaughter's ornament. This polar bear is adorable.

My older granddaughter's ornament needs just a few more pieces. 

I hope to finish it this weekend.

I have finished the cabin for the Merry Christmas Snow Globe. 

Something about the smoke coming from the chimney just warms my heart. There is a lot more to do on this project, but no deadline. If it is done for this Christmas that will be a bonus.

The hanging sleeve was added and Having a Ball is now on display on our second floor landing.

It sits next to a quilt I call Whirligig that is an Alex Andersen pattern.

I am still quilting my mom's Churn Dash quilt. No photo this week. 

I have been working on the latest quilt. Currently all 64 blocks are being worked on at the same time. I have assembled the first 4 pieces of all the blocks. 

There are 12 pieces per block. 

These Blueberry Greek Yogurt popsicles are delicious. 

You can find the recipe here. Hoping my granddaughter enjoys some of these treats when she visits.

This is one of 14 blueberry muffins that I made. I shared half with my MIL and froze the rest after I tried this one.

The recipe comes from a local PTA cookbook. 


I am reading That Camden Summer by LaVyrle Spencer.

 I am thoroughly enjoying it. The main female character is quite interesting. 

Hubby and I made our first ride to Jones Beach this summer to walk the boardwalk. Hard to believe it took us this long to get there. It is only 20 minutes away. The sun was setting. That is the Jones Beach water tower and Wild Play obstacle course. 

The moon was already visible.

I won't be posting next weekend. Our daughter and her family are arriving this Sunday and staying for the week. All my crafting projects will be stored away from little hands. Here's hoping the weather is fine and we can spend time at parks and in the pool. 

I will be joining Frederique at the Quilting Patch on Saturday and Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Take some time to relax with a glass of something cold or a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to their sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.

See you in two weeks. Thanks for stopping by! 


5 comments:

  1. I used to read LaVyrle Spencer books all the time - is this one an old one? I was thinking she died but maybe she is an author that seems to have been around forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little ornaments so sweet. Hugs June,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve had a very productive July. You found the perfect place to display your quilt. The snow globe cross stitch is a fun project. Those popsicles look delicious! I may try making some. Do you have silicone popsicle molds? You’ve made a good start on your log cabin quilt. Golden hour walks and photos are the best! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great book. I love the quilt hanging there. Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those polar bear ornaments are just adorable, Cathie! Love the snow globe design, too. I've always loved LaVyrle Spencer's books and haven't read one in ages. I wonder if I have that one around here somewhere. Beautiful beach views! Have a wonderful visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.