Sunday, May 21, 2023

Resuming some WIPs

I have picked up October Morning again for the moment. I added a bunch of stitches on the right hand side above the mailbox.

I needed another cross-stitch to work on as I finished all the stitching and beading my DIL's stocking. I washed it, ironed it and then added the sequins that I am substituting for the buttons. I will post photos after it is all assembled. 

I do want to get back to stitching Three Boats, but it is a large, somewhat daunting task at the moment. 

I also returned to working on the Log Cabin Star quilt. I really want to make some progress on this. I have 91 of 196 of the Log Cabin blocks completed and I am working on the next 10. They are about halfway done. Despite being extremely careful with piecing these blocks, I always seem to have to make adjustments. I really hope this quilt comes together in the end. 

The kitty bib now has a couple of flowers. The kitty's nose and mouth are now finished also. 

The first sleeve is started on my granddaughter's Boat Neck sweater. I think it will knit up fairly quickly. There aren't any more cables to knit and all the rest is just a 4 row pattern repeat with some decreases that I have to keep track of. A couple of car rides this weekend should help me get this first sleeve finished and maybe get the second one started.


I spent a little bit of time in my yard this week cutting out the dead stalks of my hydrangeas and making the daffodil leaves into haystacks. 

Does anyone else do this with their daffodils? I saw it on a Martha Stewart show years ago and have done it ever since. You fold over the leaves and then wrap another leaf around and "tie" it.  I find that it makes the area look so much neater as the leaves yellow and allows the bulbs to stay healthy year to year. Of course, the backs of my thighs were screaming for the next couple of days with all the bending over.

My rhododendrons are in full bloom now. They look so pretty.


The hanging basket was my Mother's Day gift from Hubby.

My irises are blooming also, but I notice that there are more leaves than flowers.
It may be time to thin these out.

I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to. 

Thanks for visiting!

 

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful crafts going on here , I love every thing .
    My dad would always fold over the leaves too.
    I don't , I just cut back , but some come back and some don't
    Might be a good idea to do one of each and see if it will make a difference , enjoy your Sunday .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are gorgeous! We have been working on mulching the gardens this week. October morning must be getting close to the finish line…so pretty. Your daughter’s quilt is almost halfway there! Those blocks have posed their challenges! The cat bib is so cute. Enjoy your stitching today. Can’t wait to see the finished stocking. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't tie my bulbs when they've finished flowering but what a good idea. Your garden is looking lovely The little girl cutout in the garden is sweet. The Log Cabin quilt is coming along beautifully but how tricky it sounds in the piecing. Nice to see October Morning again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I do that with my daffodils, too...we must have seen the same show;))) much better than those falling over leaves I think.
    Your October Morning is so pretty with those oranges...nice works in progress, too hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kitten embroidery bib is so cute, Cathie. The jacket looks it will be so soft and warm, is lovely. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sweater and the garden are looking so good

    ReplyDelete
  7. October Morning is a neat design - nice to have it to pick up when you need something to stitch on. Love seeing the beautiful blooms in your garden, too! It's such a pretty time of year. Enjoy your stitching today, Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stitching, great projects all of them. Beautiful pictures of your garden too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm like you I have lots of UFOs on the go! But any progress, even small is progress! That's a cute little jumper for your granddaughter. I hope your log cabin quilt goes according to plan. I remember from previous posts it's a tricky one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathie: I have missed seeing Three Boats, I actually thought you had given up on them, the kitty bib is so adorable, I wish I could quilt, I am going to try a table runner soon,
    You have made great progress on the October Morning, the boat neck sweater yarn is so pretty, thank-you for sharing the garden photos, I do not have daffodils but like your idea.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to return to projects I've already started but set aside. It's nice that there's already progress made! Gorgeous yard and the basket looks so lovely and matches the flowers already there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.