Sunday, May 14, 2023

Mother's Day stitching

It's Mother's Day here in the USA today. It's my daughter's first Mother's Day as a mom herself. Hubby and I will see her next week. It is so wonderful to watch my daughter as a mom. She is so in love with her own daughter. My DIL is celebrating her first Mother's Day as a mother-to-be. I can't wait to meet my new grandson.  Hubby and I will be having a quiet day and then an early dinner with my MIL. I will make a visit to my mom. I'm not sure that she always knows that she is my mom, though she still recognizes me. 

I think I will spend a good portion of the day stitching. I have been making progress on my granddaughter's stocking. I am about a third of the way finished now.

That little bird took me over an hour to cut out, embroider, bead, sequin and applique.


 I knew that was going to be the case. I prefer the larger pieces to work on. Next up is a patch of ice and then on to Santa. He is comprised of about 30 pieces. 

For some reason the kitty bib is working up very slowly. I mean really, I haven't even finished the ball of yarn. 

I took a break from the blue floss and stitched the flower stem and grass. I want to get a move on with it as I will bring it with me to meet my grandson in June.

I have been steadily knitting the baby sweater. The back is done and the front is almost done. 

The pattern requires some concentration. It is an 8 row repeat and I have to carefully follow each row. I love the way this is looking though. Only 3 more rows for the front then on to sleeves. 

My back yard is slowly starting to look like Spring has arrived. Here is a view from my daughter's old 2nd floor bedroom. 

Our pool should be getting ready for the summer in a couple of weeks.

My hosta and astilbe are starting to grow.

This azalea is in full bloom and the lavender and butterfly plants are sprouting new growth. There are a whole lot of flower buds on the rhododendron.

These two azaleas always take a while to catch up. They look a lot better since I had our landscaper remove the evergreen that was in between crowding them.

The bluebells planted to hide the windwow well are in full bloom. They make me smile.


I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are working on. 

Thanks for stopping by!



17 comments:

  1. Great Post , lots going on , your work is growing on all your projects , your garden looks lovely .
    Enjoy your day , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of hand stitching projects in progress. I love the 'lil red sequined bird. I have a felt sequined Bucilla kit waiting to get started. Your yard and flowering plants are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also enjoying the arrival of spring! Nothing is prettier then spring green! Have a happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day, Cathie! Granddaughter's stocking is cute as it can be. Great progress on all your hand work projects. Enjoy the Spring !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice flowers! and that knitting - when will I ever put out something like that - I have a feeling never.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire those who work on those felt kits - they are so fiddly, but it's worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, but I really don't mind these kits at all. The instructions are so well written that I find them quite easy to stitch up.

      Delete
  7. Happy Mother’s Day! What a cute little bird on Natalie’s stocking! Love the cable down the back of the baby sweater. I’m sure you will get the bib done on time. We are off to visit my MIL today. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's such amazing detail on that Christmas stocking - it's going to be beautiful! The baby sweater yarn is really pretty, too. Love seeing the pretty blooms at your house! Happy Mother's Day, Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day! Your yard is looking beautiful. I still have a mess of weeds I need to sort out. Love all the projects you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mother's day to you and your daughters. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Cathie! I loved seeing and reading all going on! Watching your grand babies as they grow will be so much fun!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mothers Day to you, we celebrate on the same day here in New Zealand. Such a sweet baby jumper you are knitting, I rather like cables. The Christmas stocking certainly has a lot of lovely elements stitched on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A room with a view, and how lovely the view of the garden is. Love all your neatly trimmed shrubs. Bluebells always make me smile, too. Such happy little blue flowers. Your daughter sounds as if she is loving being a mum...how wonderful. All your pretties are coming along wonderfully. The sweater is knitting up quickly. Such a lovely pattern and the yarn is pretty. Cables always look fabulous. Enjoy your Mother's Day, Cathie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like your Mother’s Day celebrations will be week-long! Yea! I hear you about your own mama…
    Your granddaughter’s stocking is precious! You are so talented! That cardinal on the snowman’s hand adds a special touch.
    That Kitty Bib looks so cute – and represents you and your love of knitting!
    Beautiful colors for your baby sweater! You have landscaped your backyard beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Mother's day! I cannot believe we are heading to pool season, we don't miss our pool at the old house but I remember the excitement for when it was opened and ready to swim in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.