Sunday, April 16, 2023

April Stitch Along Update

Three weeks really goes by quickly, but I have been stitching like crazy lately. First of all, I finished all of the back-stitching on the birth announcement. This is how it looked three weeks ago.

I finished what I could of it at the beginning of this month. I just have to wait for the baby to be born to add the name and statistics.

Now I have returned to working on the stocking I am making for my DIL.
The last time I updated it here in January it looked like this.
I have been adding a few stitches here and there and posting about it on and off, but this is how it looks now.
The main tree is almost complete. There is just a tiny bit to stitch above the bow. I have also added some branches on the right as well as some snowflakes. I am trying to spend time each morning working on this to finish it by the end of May for no other reason than I have a whole lot of other projects in the works also. 

 Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post.

Avis, Claire, Gun, Christina, Kathy, Margaret,

Heidi, Jackie, Sunny, Megan, Deborah, SharonDaisy

AJ, Cathie, Linda, Helen, Connie, MaryMargaret, Cindy

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. What wonderful stitching they look beautiful .
    Hugs june.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have made lots of progress on the stocking. It looks amazing…I love all of the animals. The birth announcement is ready fir the baby to arrive. I finished my daughter’s birth announcement by her first birthday. I started it when I was pregnant. Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope all goes well for the birth! and yay! so pleased to see you're working on the stocking again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the stocking a lot now that I am closer to finishing it

      Delete
  4. Mary Margaret RipleyApril 16, 2023 at 8:05 AM

    Cathie, holy moly you got a ton done! All looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I was surprised by the progress myself.

      Delete
  5. Hi Cathie: The baby sampler is beautiful, the back stitching really makes it pop.
    Beautiful progress on the stocking, the bears face is positively adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your birth announcement is going to be beautiful! Great progress on the Christmas stocking too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The birth sampler looks amazing, Cathie . It has been so much fun to watch your progress on it . Love the stocking as well. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the birth announcement! It's very sweet and pretty much complete! The stocking is looking awesome too! I love that bear standing behind the tree hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are beautiful projects! I enjoy seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You really have been stitching! The birth sampler is gorgeous and the animals in the stocking are adorable :-) I must make a stocking one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have been VERY productive! So much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of your cross stitch pieces are looking brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent progress on both projects you shared! Love how you outlined the design and added the words … future ad will be name and stats I guess! Your dil’s stocking is beautiful!!!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful stitching and a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The birth announcement is so pretty, and now it's a waiting game for the new arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty items. Love the shading on the bears and also how that tree has turned out. Happy Stitching, Cathie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.