Saturday, December 10, 2022

Christmas decorating and crafting

Hubby and I started decorating just after Thanksgiving and before December 1st. That rarely happens here. I like to wait until December 1st to decorate, but Hubby wanted to get the lights on the house and I wanted to put up the village since we were going to be away for the first weekend of December. So the house is lit.

The village is on display.


The front porch and bay window are decorated.



The snow people are on display on my upstairs landing. 

I also wanted to share a Christmas craft that I was able to make last month. Yes, I have a whole lot of corks. That bag is only a small fraction of what I have. We have finished a lot of bottles of wine over the years.

I painted both ends of each cork either red or white and then hot glued them together to end up with 2 of these Santa hats. The pompom has some sparkly fibers in it.  I didn't have any directions, just the photo that I had found online. It wasn't hard to make at all.


I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I am working on the Woodland Animals stocking which you can read about in the following post.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. your house looks really pretty for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Christmas decor and esp the Santa hat out of wine corks!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.