Sunday, December 11, 2022

SAL update

Once again it is time for a Stitch Along update. I have been steadily working on the Woodland Animals stocking for my daughter in law. This is where I was three weeks ago.

Looking at this now, I realize how much I have been stitching. I have almost finished the bottom half of the stocking.

I added the squirrels and the bunnies. Here is an up close photo of the squirrels before I had done the backstitching on the bunnies.

I am going to keep working on this until Christmas, but I doubt it will be finished. I still have the whole upper half of the tree and several more animals to stitch. 

I have been very busy decorating my house for the holidays. You can see that post here. This coming week will be spent figuring out what to serve for Christmas dinner and baking cookies. I am sure I will work on the stocking too.

 Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post. 

AvisClaireGun, ChristinaKathyMargaret

HeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharon

DaisyAJCathieLindaHelenConnie, MaryMargaretCindy

Thanks for stopping by! 

 

20 comments:

  1. Your SAL is growing ,and its looking wonderful.
    Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your progress on the woodland animals stocking. For some reason I thought it was for Natalie… not you dil… she will love it!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. your stitching is always so pretty! love all the animals. I haven't even thought about what to serve for Christmas dinner

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve made great progress on your DiLs Christmas stocking. Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing your Christmas decorations in the previous post - beautiful! The Santa hat from wine bottle corks is so fun! Looks like you're making good progress on the stocking, even if it won't quite be done for this Christmas. Enjoy your stitching today, Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's a LOT of stitching! Your stocking looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's some amazing progress there, Cathie, and this design is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet design. You made lots of great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There must be smoke coming from your needle! It's beautiful. I love the winter wonderland in your page header too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those squirrels are adorable but that fox takes the cake. You're making great progress with this. I love all your holiday decorating too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the fox also. The colors are fabulous. There are several more animals to stitch. I wonder if the fox will remain a favorite.

      Delete
  11. Wow, you got a lot done, what a fabulous stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have motoring right along on this stocking! It is gorgeous. I also love the fox…looking very sly! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful stitching progress and I haven't thought about food menus yet and I've added it to the LIST :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cathie: Great progress, I bet you will have it finished by Christmas, it sure is an adorable design.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.