Sunday, February 6, 2022

A reveal

I can finally show you the secret stitching that I spent much of the past year working on. I made this piece to commemorate my son and future daughter-in-law's upcoming wedding. 

I have to say that this took quite a lot of time to stitch, but it was surely a labor of love. Thankfully the framing was completed before Christmas so I could give it to my son to take with him to California. Both he and his fiancee loved it which makes me very happy.

Another labor of love is the Santa stocking for my son-in-law. I am almost finished with the green on the gift.
The unstitched crosses will have gold metallic cross-stitches as well as sequins. I plan on stitching the gold cross-stitches once I finish the green.

I am happily adding rows to the Baby Elephant blanket while watching the Olympics. Don't you just love watching all of the different sports? 

I now have 87 of 106 rows completed on the main section. You can really see the elephant's cute expression now.

I have also spent some time on the Log Cabin Star quilt. I am working on the second set of 20 blocks. It is slow going with all the diamonds whose seams need to match as well as a y-seam on each block. I have added the final bottom log to three of these blocks since this photo was taken. 

I was hoping to finish these yesterday, but precision is a must for these blocks. Maybe I will finish the rest today. The bottom logs are all assembled, they just have to be attached to the blocks. Note that each of the logs finish at 7/8". Each block finishes at 6 5/8" square. These are not large blocks.

I made this Herb and Olive Ciabatta bread yesterday.

 It is a recipe from and older Weight Watchers cookbook. The recipe makes two loaves. I made it to accompany Beef Barley soup for dinner last night. That too is a Weight Watchers recipe, but I leave out the lima beans and use low sodium beef broth instead of just water. Together with the bread we had a delicious and hearty meal.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I think I will try to finish the green of Santa's gift today. 

Thanks for stopping by!
 

20 comments:

  1. What a great post you have been busy , love all .
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful piece you stitched for your son and fiancee! I have never seen a Log Cabin Star. Whose pattern did you use, or did you make it up yourself? Your ciabatta looks delicious. My problem with homemade bread is that I always want to slather it with butter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Cathie... your wedding cross stitch is just AMAZING and the Santa stocking is coming right along... as is the quilt top you are piecing too! I love all the variety of projects and lest I forget that darling elephant afghan too <3
    I am glad you are enjoying the Olympics... I hear highlights on tv from time to time and America is doing ok as are other countries... Have a blessed Sunday my friend and thanks for sharing all you are up to!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful wedding gift for your son and his fiancé! The Santa stocking is getting close to the finish line. Your log cabin star blocks -I did not realize that were so small. Looking good! Love the elephant blanket too. A busy and productive week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special cross stitched gift for your son and his fiancee, Cathy. Gorgeous!!
    You made great progress on all the projects. Baby blanket is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your stitching is so beautiful and that is a lovely gift for the wedding couple. Santa will be finished soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work completing the wedding project, and great progress on Santa too. Love the elephant blanket! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cross-stitched gift for your son and his fiance is really beautiful! That will definitely be a family heirloom. Happy stitching on your elephant and the log cabin blocks. Your bread sounds yummy and so does the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Log Cabin Star quilt looks like a labour of love, too! Goodness, those blocks are small, with a lot of exact piecing. It is looking marvellous, though. How beautiful is the "To Have And To Hold From This Day Forward". It is the perfect gift for your soon to be married son and his fiancee. It is always a joy to see the cute baby elephant and cheery Santa. Both have truckloads of personality. Both are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been working on so many lovely projects. It is always fun to see your Santa progress. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH that baby elephant, so close to completion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The wedding stitchery is gorgeous! I’m loving watching the Santa stocking grow. The baby elephant will soon be finished with all of these great sports on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am able to get a good amount of stitching and crocheting completed while watching the Olympics.

      Delete
  13. what a beautiful stitching project that they will treasure for years to come, you do such lovely work! I love the elephant blanket that looks nearly done to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The commemorative cross stitch is BEAUTIFUL! An heirloom piece for sure. All the outlining and different flower shades would be time consuming. Awesome job. Every week the elephant gets more personality. Beef barley soup is something I need to consider making.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cathie, oh your cross stitched piece is beautiful. Will be a family heirloom for sure. I love to see this version of log cabin...those red pieces stand out beautifully. I'm amazed by how many arrangements can be made with Log Cabin pattern. Your bread looks awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Wedding Picture is just beautiful - wow....

    Your Elephant Blanket is so pretty - I love this.

    Take care & Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cathie: This is a beautiful Sampler for your son and daughter in law, so pretty.
    Nice progress on Santas Gift, the elephant blanket is so cute.
    Love the quilt, perfect color combination.
    Oh, my that bread loos so yummy.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. The elephant blanket is adorable. Love seeing it grow so we can see the expression. Nice work! Congrats on getting your wedding sampler done, it's soooo nice. What a lovely gift. And Santa...you look really close to getting it done as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Santa still has a lot of white to stitch.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.