Sunday, August 8, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

Yay! I finished cutting out all of the green pieces for my daughter and son-in-law's quilt. Here is the final array of fabrics that I am using.

A few of them may be too light, but I have plenty of extra dark fabrics to substitute. It is supposed to be scrappy. As long as the "dark" fabric is darker than the beige light fabric that it is next to, it should be fine. 
I purchased the thread I need via curbside pickup at Joann's. So I just needed to organize my sewing space. That meant getting one repair and another WIP completed. 
You my remember "Jingle as ye enter, Jingle as ye go" from last summer. 

I finally braved Michaels to buy the dowel I needed, so I decided to complete the machine sewing. It now has its backing and a sleeve in which to place the dowel.

I still have to sew on the jingle bells and the ribbon that needs to go on the dowel for hanging. I think that will be part of my slow stitching today.

I have added a few stitches of a different red to Santa's bow near the bottom.

Speaking of bows, I have also started the yellow bow that is part of the secret stitching.

I am starting to feel the time crunch on this, because although I don't need it finished until next year, there is still a good deal to stitch and it will need to be framed. 

If you recall, I recently cleaned out my freezer and made some homemade croutons with some leftover Italian bread. This week I used some of that bread for bruschetta.

A nice little appetizer before dinner.

I still haven't chosen a dishwasher or an appliance store to buy it at, but we did treat ourselves to a new TV for our living room. Our old TV had some wavy lines coming on it. Hubby moved it to our bedroom and got rid of the really old analog TV there that definitely no longer worked correctly. It was always skipping. We rarely watch TV in our bedroom, so the one that we replaced in our living room will do just fun. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I should get a bunch of stitching done on this rainy day.

Thanks for stopping by!








16 comments:

  1. You have been busy yourself girl! I love all your finishing up projects…. I love how Santa and the secret project are moving along too! Have a great week ahead! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jingle looks great! It will be done in plenty of time for Christmas. Your secret stitching and Santa are progressing nicely. Each little stitch brings you closer to the finish line! Glad to see you have finished cutt8ng out all those pieces for your daughter’s quilt. That was a lot of cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bruschetta looks delicious. Why is it that appliances all seem to need replacing at the same time. You have a great selection of greens there. I look forward to seeing this new quilt each time. Jingle is a lovely finish and your Santa is always pleasing to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathie: Your green colored fabrics are beautiful, I am really looking forward to seeing the quilt progress.
    Santa is so sweet.
    Jungle is such a lovely design, I like that you are using a dowel to hang it.
    Bruschetta is one of my favorite appetizers, they look yummy.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some really nice projects on the go! Those green fabrics look great with a good variety. Santa is fantastic I just love him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your santa is looking great! I don't think I have ever had a tv in the bedroom I never even think of watching it in there and over the years if someone is not feeling well and laying about in bed the Ipad works fine for it

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have lots of pretty greens there, Cathie! It's going to be a beautiful quilt! I love the Jingle stitching, too - are you making it into a pillow?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching, and Santa is coming along nicely. The bruschetta looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bruschetta looks great! You have been busy on all your projects. I hope the dishwasher issue gets resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors you picked for your quilt. I could never do that - pick colors! I just don't have the eye for it but yours are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty fabrics that you have chosen for the quilt . I am not familiar with Jingle As Ye Go . Such an amazing design. Santa is looking fabulous. Have a great week and happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to watch Santa grow .
    You have some lovely projects on the go .
    Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the greens as they are!! New appliances are so nice because they work. Our dishwasher (in the new home) is old and sounds like a 747 flying through. We did replace the very old washing machine and it's delightful to have the new machine just work! go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful cross stitch! where did you find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if you mean Jingle or Santa. Jingle was a Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe kit that is no longer available. Santa is a stocking by Design Works.

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous greens! Love to see your Santa progress and how nice to get your piece ready for hanging too. That is the part that I always postpone too. Happy Stitching (and eating) from me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.