Of course, now that I have finished cutting out all of the more than 4000 pieces for the Log Cabin Star quilt, I had to start piecing some of the blocks. This is a slow process as accuracy is going to be of paramount proportion. That of course also means lots of seam ripping. Here is what the quilt will eventually look like although this is only the wall hanging size.
I made a sample block last summer just to be sure that I was capable of completing it. It isn't perfect, but it convinced me that I should keep going.
Since I need a total of 196 of the block you see above, I decided to work on 10 blocks at a time to keep it manageable. I am slowly, very slowly, adding strips to get all of the blocks to be the same size. it is working and it hasn't frustrated me yet. I have yet to fully complete the first 10 blocks that you see below, but I am enjoying spending time at my sewing machine. Yes, there will be y-seams to stitch on each block.
I finished "Jingle as Ye Enter, Jingle as Ye Go". This was a kit from the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe that is no longer available. Hubby cut and sanded the dowel for me. I happened to have the ribbon in my stash.
The knitted Butterfly Baby Blanket is almost completed. Just 10 more rows and the seed stitch border and it will be done.
That is all the interesting news right now.
Thanks for stopping by!