Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Quarantine sewing, baking, reading, crafting,

During this time of quarantine have allowed me to do the things that I usually love to do during summer vacation.
Of course some of what I am doing is because of the "stay at home" orders from our New York governor as well as the recommendations of the CDC. I have been making masks for Hubby and I to wear. I had a lot of both of these fabrics in my stash. 
 I also sent one to my son in PA and two to my daughter and her husband in MA. My mom and MIL each have one also even though they aren't leaving their homes any time soon. 

As for baking, I tried my hand at Hot Cross Buns this week. 
They came out pretty well. I am not that comfortable making yeast breads so I was pretty happy with the result.

I am currently reading Shadow of the Night by Deborah Harkness.

Shadow of Night - Wikipedia
This is the second of a trilogy that I started a few weeks ago. I am reading it for the second time and thoroughly enjoying it again.
I also started knitting a blanket with yarn I bought when ACMoore was liquidating. It is called the Butterfly Baby Blanket. No, I don't have anyone in the family expecting at the moment, but I needed a new yarn project and this is the yarn that I chose to work with.


I think it looks very pretty.

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. I tried my hand at baking hot cross buns this past weekend but I didn't care for how mine turned out, I thought they weren't light and fluffy enough - I hope your recipe was better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like we are in the same place - baking, reading, & sewing. I am trying to add in walking (in order to fight off the extra calories from all the baking!) I hope you are staying in as much as possible. I can't remember how the Long Island area is as compared to the really concentrated Covid areas of New York. Be safe Cathie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Photos of everything...I am glad that you are finding a way to keep yourself busy.

    I too have been staying home - Been Reading - Stitching - Crocheting - Playing with my kitty named Buttercup.

    I hope that you are staying well and staying safe.

    Take Care

    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited when I realized we actually had an AC store, but boy that was short lived. Too bad, thought it was a nice store. Love the baby blanket, very pretty. Glad you're able to make some masks. Everyone is going to be needing them. I'm picking up two I bought from a person on the Nextdoor site. Thus far, have been using one of the no sew ones, but think this will be a nice improvement. Stay well, stay busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe you WILL have a baby in the family since you are making it :) My sister made us masks and I am ever so grateful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your buns look good! I like the knitting! Will this be a blanket? Maybe life will begin for us in June - I am praying, it has been a long 4 months for us! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.