Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Yarn Along

I haven't been sharing any yarn posts lately mainly because I haven't started anything new nor have I been making much progress on any WIPs. Mostly, I have been working on adding the cream-colored borders to my Granny Square Roses. Aren't they pretty?
I laid them all out to see if I had enough for an afghan.Wow, I thought I had finished more than that.
 Of course, I had planned on putting plain cream-colored granny squares in between all the flowers. That arrangement at least makes a bigger size.
 I will still have to finish the rest of the roses and then make the plain squares. Here are the piles of finished roses.
I piled them all into a basket and then topped them with the roses that don't even have leaves yet. Unfortunately, I am running out of the green yarns that I used for the leaves. The light colored green was a yarn that I have had for quite a long time. I doubt I will be able to match it. I might just have to find another shade of green that complements the roses.

I am joining Ginny for Yarn Along this week. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to.
I have been doing a whole lot of light reading lately. I have finished rereading Driftwood Cottage and Harbor Lights, both part of the Chesapeake Shores series, by Sheryl Woods. I reread them because I was able to borrow them from my library system for my Kindle when there wasn't a whole lot available. They are above average family relationship romance novels. 
I just finished reading Still Life with Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen.
This is a book about an older woman who is slowly discovering her place in the world following a divorce and sagging career all while dealing with the realities of a life that includes aging parents and an adult child. I didn't want to put this book down. I will definitely read more books by this author.
Now I am reading Dogwood Hill which is the latest in the Chesapeake Shores series by Sheryl Woods.
 
I am enjoying reading another story about the O'Brien family. This is another easy read.
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful blanket, I love the roses they are a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rose blanket. The pattern for the roses are quite three dimensional and so lovely. I've had a similar pattern for years but never have I made a blanket. Maybe you've encouraged me. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the book sounds good, something I would like! I am in awe of your squares, lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had time for reading. Your granny square roses are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh that is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous - makes me want to learn to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely bouquet of granny rosettes! Looking forward to seeing them all sewn together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.