Sunday, June 28, 2015

Summer Vacation

School is out and I am on summer vacation!
Several more of my flowers have come into bloom.
I also spent some time at my mom's house this week. I trimmed the dead blooms off of her rose bush and took these pictures of the flower garden next to her garage.
Mom has always liked gardening way more than I do. My garden has to be very low maintenance.
Thanks for all of your kind wishes for my mom's recovery. The surgery was quick and her recovery from that has been pretty good. Unfortunately she came down with an unrelated illness this week also. I had to bring her to her general practitioner because she is not allowed to drive for three weeks. She is not happy about that, but at least I am more available now.

I didn't make as much progress on my Prairie Schooler Santa as I thought I would. I was hoping to actually finish Santa's coat.
I was able to work on my hand-quilting though while staying with mom. I still have a few machine quilted rows to remove, but I have replaced most of them with the beige thread and I am so much happier with the look. 
I even think the beige thread looks good on the dark green fabric. Now I really want to spend more time working on it in order to finish it.
I am slowly but surely finishing the Baker Beach page I am working on.
There are a lot of color changes so it takes a little longer to finish. It should be done by next week.
I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching today. Monday I will be joining the Stitchery Link Party over at Super Mom - No Cape. Pop on over to their sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!



16 comments:

  1. You're making good progress on your bridge! No stitching time for me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is still a lot of stitching to do on the Gate! I'm glad your mom is doing well, and I hope you have a great summer vacation too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great summer break. Hope your Mums recovery is speedy and without any further complications. The quilting is looking good, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am looking forward to the break.

      Delete
  4. Good progress this week, even though you've been buys. Enjoy your summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your unpicking was the right answer. Sounds like your mom's recovery is coming right along. Sent my hubby back to work on Friday although he has 4 more weeks of wearing a sling and then therapy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work in the garden and on your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those are some lovely hand stitching projects. Enjoy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching looks so nice. I like the beige thread too - even on the green.

    So glad your mom is doing better. Her flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've traded my knitting needles for some needle and thread projects, too!!! Love what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful flowers your mum has in her garden! Sorry to hear she is unwell and I hope she feels better soon! All your projects are looking great.... it is fun to watch them progressing! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your mom is feeling better! The bridge is almost done on Baker Beach! Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice progress on your projects. It's great that you are happy now with your handquilting.
    Wishing your mom a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. glad your mom's surgery was good and now I hope she recovers from what's ailing her now. I'm glad you are around to help her! Getting closer with your cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending good thoughts for your mother's quick recovery from her surgery and the other unrelated illness.

    Even little bits of progress are still progress. And you are getting much closer on your bridge cross-stitch!

    BTW... I love your 4th of July/Patriotic photo in your banner.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.