Saturday, September 19, 2026

Steady progress

I’ve been making steady progress on all of my crafts. I have to admit that I want to finish at least one of them soon as I am itching to start something new. That being said, here’s where they stand now.

My mom’s Churn Dash quilt will probably be the first item that is completed. I only have the top border to quilt and then the binding.

Hopefully the second completion will be the sweater for my younger granddaughter. One sleeve is finished. The second is coming along nicely. 

The Merry Christmas snow globe has some more snow on the bottom. 

I work on this mostly in the early morning before Hubby wakes up. 

I have added another log to half of the 64 log cabin blocks. I will finished the rest today in between the laundry. Both are in the basement so it makes it convenient to work on the blocks at the same time.

I was in the mood to bake again this week. The Whole Wheat Apricot muffins from last week were disappointing. Edible, but nothing special. I had overripe bananas this week that were attracting gnats so I made Graham Cracker Banana muffins.

 It is the recipe that is on the back of the Nabisco Graham Cracker box. I’ve made them before and they are tasty. A good way to use crackers that were about to expire also. 

A friend sent me the link to this Rustic Italian Crusty Bread recipe quite some time ago and I finally made it. It is so very easy to make and tastes delicious.


What is it about cooler temperatures that makes you want to bake a lot?

I’m still reading Homecoming by Kate Morton. It’s interesting, but quite long. I’m about 85% done. 

I will be joining Frederique at the Quilting Patch on Saturday and Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Take some time to relax with a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to their sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.

 Thanks for stopping by!  

5 comments:

  1. I am so ready to start baking when the weather gets cooler

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s cooler here this weekend so we made a casserole for supper. It must be fall! I’ve got my soup cookbook out too. Your yarn bowl coordinates nicely with the sweater you are knitting. Your mom’s churn dash quilt is looking wonderful and will soon be done. Me…I started two new donation quilts this week, both with deadlines ! Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have tremendous talent. Beautiful photos. Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know whether it is talent or a knack for following directions.

      Delete
  4. Lovely projects on the go. Hopefully you will get one or two finished soon. And your baking looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.