First, I finally made the braiding to surround this Prairie Schooler Santa. Using up some random yarn in my stash.
What!? It sat around for more than a year waiting to be finished? Ugh. Well, it is ready for display for this Christmas.
I finished my mom’s Churn Dash quilt. Isn’t it pretty?
Here is the back so you can see the quilting.
I’m not sure what I will do with it now. It is sort of a baby size quilt and we won’t be having more of those here. It may become a wall quilt. Since it was hand-pieced by my late mom, it is not something I am willing to part with.
The second sleeve of the toddler sweater is still in progress. Decreasing for the raglan now.
Stitches have been added to the Merry Christmas snow globe. You can see the beginning of the mailbox.
I baked again. Double Chocolate Espresso Cookies from a long ago Taste of Home magazine (August/September 2007).
I can't find the recipe on their website. It uses unsweetened chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips. These are very tasty.
I am now reading The Housemaid by Freida McFadden.
It is easy to read with short chapters. I have yet to decide if I am really enjoying it. I finished Homecoming by Kate Morton last weekend. I really enjoyed it though I guessed correctly at one part of it early on. The ending did surprise me though and overall, I quite enjoyed the book though it was very long.
Hubby got his Covid and Flu shots on Wednesday and I got mine today. We are dealing with a Nor’easter this weekend so staying in and resting will be no problem at all. I usually have a strong reaction to the Covid shot.
Here are some photos of the night sky just taken just before I finished this post. View to the West.
My view to the west as I finished this post.
I will be joining Frederique at the Quilting Patch on Saturday and Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Take some time to relax with a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to their sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.
Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.