Saturday, August 29, 2026

End of August

How did we get to the end of August so quickly? It feels like Summer just started and now we are heading into Autumn. The days are getting slightly cooler. The pool water is downright cold! Soon it will be shut for the season. I like all of the seasons, so I don't mind that we are heading into cooler weather. 

With that in mind, I have made a lot of progress on my granddaughter's sweater. The back is done and I am about halfway done with the left front. The pocket was tricky, but I figured it out. The cable is looking pretty good.

The nine blocks of my mother's Churn Dash quilt have all been quilted. 

These are the stencils I have chosen to use on the borders. 

I added another log to all 64 blocks of the Log Cabin quilt. I like how they are coming along.

The snow of the Merry Christmas Snow Globe is now falling over the cabin. Yes, it is a pale yellow. Next up is carefully counting and stitching the border that makes up the globe itself.

I am still reading The Chelsea Girls by Fiona Davis. There are parts of this book that move along nicely and others that seem to lag. Overall, I am enjoying it, but it is not as good as some of her other books.

I will be joining Frederique at the Quilting Patch on Saturday and Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Take some time to relax with a glass of something cold or a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to their sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.

 Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.