Sunday, October 27, 2024

Six works in progress!

Yes, I currently have six different projects on the go at once. Three of them are quilt projects and three are cross-stitch. I really wish I had a yarn project, but that will have to wait a bit. First, I am about 3/4 done with the whole cloth pillow quilting.

 I want to finish this soon as I am also going to hand quilt the first I-Spy quilt. Yes, I know I said that I planned to machine quilt it, but I have very limited space around my sewing table and I found it quite difficult to maneuver especially as I am going to quilt it diagonally across the blocks. I also would need to find the correct thread. I was trying to use thread that I had, but it is too thick compared to the thread I have for the bobbin and I couldn’t get the tension right.

This quilt isn’t very large and should quilt up quickly. I have it all set up on a quilt stand in my daughter’s old room. 

I’ve been cutting the sashing and corner square fabric for the next I-Spy quilt. This black fabric is different from the one in the last quilt.

 Originally I had planned to make two of the same quilt, but then I changed my mind when I was scrolling the internet. I planned a somewhat different quilt with the same 3.5” size fussy cut blocks. Well, I changed my mind again when I realized how much I love the I-Spy quilt that I just finished. Also, I already have all of the fabric that I need. 

As for cross stitching, I’ve added many stitches to the Prairie Schooler Santa. The bunny and the squirrel are stitched as is his face. 

Once again I am leaving the white stitches until the end so I haven't stitched his beard or the trim on his coat. I am working on his hat now. There is also a raccoon and three birds to stitch still.

I’m going to be stitching a lot more woodland animals soon. This one will be a little time sensitive. Do you remember this birth announcement that I stitched for my granddaughter. 

Well I will be stitching the slightly smaller version (18 count Aida cloth instead of 14) to be completed by next March/April. My son and his wife are expecting a little girl at the end of March. I am making the smaller version so that it is not a lot different in size from her brother's birth announcement though the orientation is different. You can see that one here

The last cross stitch is Three Boats on a Tropical Beach. You can see the last update for that here. I have gotten a decent start on the next page since that post. There will be an update on Three Boats next week.

Hubby and did take some time to walk in the local preserve and look at the tree colors. 


The geese and the ducks were enjoying the small lake. If you look behind the last goose near the reeds you can barely see a heron standing along the edge also.


I think this pair of ducks were hoping for some food. They came right up to us.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Sit down with a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I certainly have plenty of slow stitching to choose from.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. How exciting to have another grand baby on the way! Keep sewing as now you will be making three of everything! You seem to be doing a good job keeping all your stitching balls in the air! I love seeing what you are up to each week. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a lot of slow stitching to fill your day, Cathie. Hand quilting will look great on that fabulous I-Spy quilt. Your whole cloth pillow is coming along nicely; lovely quilting. Another grandchild to welcome into your family; how exciting for you all. You'll have even more stitching pretties to add to that list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely spot for a walk to view the turning leaves;)))
    Your cross stitching is so pretty--loving that "old world" Santa
    nice WIPS hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.