Sunday, October 13, 2024

October Stitch Along Update

I'm doing a mini happy dance here....okay, maybe just a single skip. I have finished page #8 of Three Boats on a Tropical Beach.  It is the 6th page that I have completed out of 24. I am working in columns. Column 1 was pages 1,7,13 and 19. Column 2 (that I am currently working on) is pages 2,8,14 and 20. I am about to start page 14. This is how Three Boats looked three weeks ago.

This is how it looks now. 

I finished the page yesterday morning. There were so many confetti stitches to complete at the bottom of this page. Do you see this rock formation?

 Yesterday, I was adding tons individual stitches. There was 1 stitch in that rock formation that had the floss symbol "5". Just one stitch! Three stitches had the floss symbol "V". You get the picture. I am more than happy to be moving on the the next page which doesn't seem to have quite so many scattered stitches. 

This Stitch Along is hosted every three weeks by Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea who kindly sends us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post. 

Avis, ClaireGunChristinaKathyMargaret,

 SunnyMeganDeborahSharonDaisy

CathieLinda, MaryMargaretCindyHelen

Thanks for stopping by! 

10 comments:

  1. Three Boats is looking so fabulous, Cathie. Love, love, love that sky and all those floss colour changes...just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much detail in this picture! Congratulations on finishing another page! There must be boats on the next page…. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good! I feel you about the confetti. The background on my Mead Dragon has a lot of scattered stitches, but luckily only a very few singletons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the progress, and you are really making it! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate stitching confetti, though the detail is well worth the effort and this is such a beautiful piece of work. Santa is just one thread which has been a lovely break after stitching Wildlife x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the resulting detail is worth the effort to stitch the confetti, but it is annoying while you are stitching it.

      Delete
  6. Looks wonderful , have fun hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing design! I wonder how you keep track when parts of each column are on different pages. It is looking lovely, Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress! I'm on board for a mini happy dance rather than a skip lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, skipping might be a little much for me, though I should practice as my little granddaughter will be skipping soon and will have to join in.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.