Sunday, October 20, 2024

Lots and Lots of Crafting!

 The weather has gotten cooler and more fall-like and I am enjoying spending time indoors crafting. First of all, I have made tremendous progress on the first I-Spy quilt in the past two weeks. All it needs are the four black borders,  then I can sandwich it. I plan on quilting this in the ditch by machine. 

 I was amazed at how quickly this came together! My seams even matched on the first try. No seam ripping!

 I’ve been adding quilting stitches to my small whole cloth also. The center motifs are completed. 

This has been what I work on while “watching” the Mets in their post season games. I get way too keyed up watching them so I usually sit on the far side of the living room and listen more than watch. 

Sometimes I work on the Prairie Schooler Santa while watching, but this has mostly become my early morning stitching piece. 

Santa’s coat is done as is the basket of greenery that he is carrying. 

I have started reading "The Island" by Elin Hilderbrand. I haven't gotten too far with it yet. It is an easy read. 

 I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Well done Cathie , your work is beautiful.
    Love the quilt. Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful I Spy quilt! Have you considered quilting it on the diagonal through each I spy block in both directions? There are a lot of ditches in this quilt! Lovely hand quilting and Santa is a great morning project. Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cathie! Wow... that I Spy quilt is AMAZING... thats a LOT of flippy corners too! lol. But oooh so worth it! Cool :)
    I love your cross stitch Santa in the works... and love your wholecloth pillow top... I made 1 into a seat cover... I quilted it with a plain backing and then later decided how I needed to use it... it has a knife edge seam and it has Heald UP! I have been amazed :). I have 2 more for pillow sham centers :). 2 different ones with coordinating finishes sit on our beds too... I added a wide border to fit my pillows in my stash.
    Enjoy!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read a lot of books by that author but that one doesn't sound familiar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your I Spy quilt looks wonderful! Great progress! Looks like you're making great progress on the Santa, too. That's how I "watch" sports also - stitching away and looking up when Mike says "Watch this replay!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your whole cloth quilt is so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great I spy quilt! They are fun to make, especially collecting all those fun fabrics. Sarah quiltingbythesea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to collect the fabrics. I have some from my local shops, some from California and some from a blogger friend in Canada.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.