Saturday, September 21, 2024

And Sew It Ends

There is a major happy dance going on at my house. I have finished the flimsy of the Log Cabin Star quilt (Judy Martin's Timberline pattern)!

 Most of the seams lined up perfectly. I fixed those that bothered me and left a few as is. They are only noticeably off if you look real hard. I must say that I am so proud of this quilt. It is by far the most difficult quilt that I have ever assembled. It is only my 4th queen-sized quilt. 

I am waiting for the backing fabric that I ordered to be delivered and then I will contact the long-arm quilter that I have used in the past. I hope she is still in business. It has been quite a while since I had a quilt that needed machine quilting. I am thinking of having it quilted with an overall pantogram as the log cabin pattern is the star of the show. 

I have made progress on A Crow's Pick. It is almost finished. 

I don't have the buttons that are supposed to be added and quite frankly I don't see the point of them as they are just triangles. I think I may stitch a bat or a smaller crow in the upper right corner. I am thinking on that. I may just leave it and add a bow there when I make this into a small pillow.

Now I will get to work on stitching the 120 snowball blocks for the first of 2 I-Spy quilts. I still have to fussy cut some more 3.5" squares. 

I was in a baking mood this week and made a Cottage Loaf. This bread was delicious and so easy to make.

The recipe was clipped from a Family Circle magazine in 1989, but I only just made it this week. I have many, many clipped recipes. I think I qualify as a clipped recipe hoarder. I have more recipes clipped than I could ever hope to make in my lifetime even if I tried a new one each day. Never mind the many cookbooks and Taste of Home magazines that I have also. Sigh.....

I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt top is beautiful! I don’t see any problems with the seam matching at all! You did a great job. This one took a lot of perseverance! Cute pumpkin stitchery too. It will make a great little pillow. I have lots of recipes in a couple of binders…some clipped, some from my mother and others from friends or the internet. I try to try something new every couple of weeks. We do have our favourites though. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timberlake is beautiful! I agree with an overall quilting design. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, your Log Cabin Star flimsy is an amazing accomplishment, Cathie! All that piecing is astounding. I can well imagine you are doing a happy dance right about now. I can't wait to see what quilting pattern you decide upon. I smiled at your hoarding cut out magazine recipes from years back. Back in the day it's a practise quite a few of us did.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.