Sunday, September 8, 2024

And Sew it Begins

I have finished assembling each of the 14 rows of the Log Cabin Star quilt (Judy Martin's Timberline pattern). Now begins the arduous task of matching 13 seams for each row added. I have connected 3 rows so far....maybe one or two more by the time this post is published. 

Thankfully the seams are nesting together nicely.

I have added more stitches to Crow's Pick and started a new color.

I worked on this in the car last weekend as we traveled to my daughter's home in Boston. My granddaughter turned 2 this week and her party was last weekend. 

My how the time has flown. 

The following day my mother-in-law celebrated her 91st birthday. We brought dinner and a cake to her house to celebrate.

I am trying to decide on another craft to start or a WIP to pick up. I would like to get my hands working with some yarn again, but I don't know what I want to make. I am just not interested in finishing the sweater that I started many moons ago for myself. I think I want to try a different pattern and yarn. My local yarn shop is closed for a couple of weeks so I will just have to wait a bit. 

I have been reading a bunch. I recently finished "The Sugar Queen" by Sarah Addison Allen, "One True Loves" by Taylor Jenkins Reid and "Summer at Tiffany" by Marjorie Hart. I liked all of these very much. I am currently reading "A Single Thread" by Tracy Chevalier. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Your daughter's quilt is looking fabulous! The overall pattern is emerging. I tend to make giant quilts in chunks. I sew 3-4 rows together. Then I sew the next 3-4 rows together and then sew the two "chunks" together. I get to the point where I have two halves completed and then sew them together. I find it easier to manage the weight of the quilt top this way.
    Happy Birthday to your Granddaughter! Hard to believe she is two already! Happy Birthday to your MIL too.
    Happy stitching to you. Looks like a great fall project. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't envy you matching all those seams on the Log Cabin Star quilt. It sounds as though you've got it all under control. How lovely to celebrate both your granddaughter's and mother-in-law's birthdays. Such special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sound like me with knitting, start something and lose interest in it and find a different pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rows for the log cabin quilt are looking good! So glad you were able to celebrate both your granddaughter's and yoyr MIL's birthdays, too. I liked One True Loves - spent a lot of time wondering what I would do if I was in a similar situation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects, and what a joy to celebrate your granddaughter's second birthday. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tu colcha se ve preciosa, mucho trabajo. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful family milestone birthdays to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe she is two!!! Happy birthday to the youngest and the oldest, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.