Sunday, September 15, 2024

And Sew it Continues

 I am still working on stitching together the 14 rows of the Log Cabin Star quilt (Judy Martin's Timberline pattern). I have stitched rows 1-5 together and took the advice of Gail at The Cozy Quilter and decided to stitch the rest of the rows in groups. This group of 4 rows below and another of 5 rows still to be stitched. This past week I stitched together rows 6-9....the center of the quilt.

Oh my, was it a PITA to stitch row 7 to 8. There were so, so many seams to match. There was also a lot of seam ripping and muttering. It took me two days of 2 hour sewing and pinning sessions to get just those two rows together. Not all of the seams are perfect, but most are and the rest are less than 1/16" off, if that much.  Adding row 9 was a breeze yesterday that was accomplished in just one 90 minute session that included pinning, sewing and trimming. Whew!

I have already started the working on the next 5 rows. They should be done this week and then I will stitch the three blocks of rows together. Then it is on to stitching the borders together and add them to the log cabin blocks. I hope to finish this by the end of this month.

I have also been adding stitching to "A Crow's Pick". The pumpkin is done and so is the crow except for his beak and legs. 


I am using DMC floss instead of the charted Weeks Dye Works so the colors are not showing as much contrast in the photo. Next I will stitch the diamonds for the border. This is mostly my nighttime TV watching project. 

I have yet to add another craft project though I really want something else to work on. Preferably something with yarn. Of course I do have the large cross-stitch Three Boats on a Tropical Beach that I continue to add stitches to each day. 

The weather is back to feeling somewhat summer-like this week. Our pool has been closed, but my butterfly bush decided that it wanted to bloom again.


It is so pretty, but it is hidden behind our above ground pool. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Make yourself a cup of coffee or tean and pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

  1. All of your pinning and muttering is paying off! The quilt is looking great! You’ve been working on this one for a long time. Keep sewing. The end is in sight! I tried to grow butterfly bushes a few times but they died over the winter. Too bad the pool is not open during this warm weather! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the timberline quilt, very beautiful fabrics! Your quilt is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is going to be stunning. Love your new stitching project too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness it sounds like it’s hard work putting those blocks together but it is looking glorious! Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blocks are all together now! I just have to piece the border blocks together and add them to the quilt. Yay!

      Delete
  5. oh!!! love the log cabin star quilt.... stunning! I'd love seeing that across the pillows on the bed, or on my table. I haven't been well, but do I need to look for the pattern source on your posts? LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is Judy Martin's Timberline from her Log Cabin quilt block book.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.