Sunday, August 20, 2023

Stitch Along update

I still haven't really gotten my crafting mojo back. I have spent much of the second half of July and the beginning of August clearing out my mom's house and bringing items to thrift stores. It is done now. The house is for sale and should sell quickly. 

My daughter and granddaughter visited last weekend and took home some of the items that my daughter wanted from my mother's home. There are still a whole lot of boxes in my garage and basement that need to be sorted. Some items will stay with me, some will eventually go to my son and some still need to go to thrift stores. 

Virtually the only craft that I have spent any time with lately is October Morning. That is a good thing as I can post an update this week. This is where it was three weeks ago.

 I have made a decent amount of progress on it since then although it could have been a whole lot more. 

Here is where I am now:


Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post.

Avis, ClaireGunChristinaKathyMargaret,

HeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharonDaisy

CathieLindaHelen, MaryMargaretCindy

Thanks for stopping by! 


 

16 comments:

  1. It’s a huge job to clean out a house. We have boxes of stuff at our house waiting to be sorted out too. It’s such an emotional job, I can only do a little bit at a time .
    October morning is looking lovely! Reminds me that cool, crisp fall days are coming.
    Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had to clean out a house like that in years and glad it sounds like you are nearing the finish line for it. It reminds me more and more to get rid of more stuff now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great progress with everything else you've got going on, it's a difficult time, so look after yourself and your mojo will come back x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just returned from a trip to CA to visit my son, DIL and grandson. It was a well deserved break.

      Delete
  4. sending positivie vibes for the sorting. Not only is it physically tiring, it's also always quite emotional with trip down memory lane when you uncover different items in drawers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of the draw items I just put in boxes for now. I will go through them in my leisure. Most of my mom's drawers were filed with clothes and linens.

      Delete
  5. House clearing and selling is an awful and exhausting job. You'll deserve a proper break when the house sale finally goes through. Don't forget to look after yourself in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and I just returned from a 6 day trip to visit our son, DIL and grandson in CA. It was a well deserved break. I am in a much better frame of mind.

      Delete
  6. so happy you spent time with your daughter and grand!! Yay for them taking more 'stuff' with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Cathie: It looks like you are counting down to the finish.
    So good to hear the house is finally going on the market, you have done so much work to get it ready, it is not easy work.
    It is so nice to hear your children are interested in some of her items, so many young people nowadays want nothing to do with things from the past.
    I hope you have a beautiful week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to take a Sunday ride through that beautiful fall foliage :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was me Sharon taking the ride - I am not sure why it says anonymous :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. With all you have had on your late lately, it’s no surprise you have lost your mojo a bit! This is good progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.