Sunday, December 26, 2021

The last Slow Sunday Stitching of 2021

It is the day after Christmas and the last Slow Sunday Stitching of 2021. This year seems to have gone by very quickly while taking forever at the same time. There wasn't enough time to get all of my crafting completed, but the pandemic certainly made the year drag on. 

Our son came to visit starting on Tuesday. He brought with him Chocolate Crinkle and Christmas Butter Cookie batters. All we had to do was roll, decorate and bake.

The Chocolate Crinkles are stored in an holiday Dunkin Donut munchkin holder that I got many years ago.

Matthew halved the recipe so we got two sheet pans full of cookies. 
Don't they look pretty and yummy. You can find the recipe here.


We had a very nice, but small, Christmas celebration yesterday. Just my son, hubby and me.

Today my daughter, her husband and her pup are coming for a few days. We will have another Christmas celebration tomorrow.  

Look at the goodies that my son gifted me. 

I have some great ideas for these pretty fabrics!

He also gave Hubby and me this great game. 

We have played The Crew - Quest for Planet Nine previously. This is an alternate version. I can't wait to try it. 

I made a cute Scottie cross-stitch for my husband, Scott.

I have had the booklet with a whole bunch of Scottie patterns for years. I finally made one of the cute patterns. Thankfully I had the hoop and the cording in my stash. 

I am still working on the Santa stocking. It won't get any use until next year, but that is fine. I am working on the furry cuff right now.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Sit down with a cup of tea or coffee and a cookine an pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

I will add a few more stitches to Santa's cuff this morning before I have to store it away while my son-in-law is visiting. I will take out the apron to work on while everyone is here.

Thanks for stopping by!




14 comments:

  1. Your son knew exactly what you needed for Christmas! Cute ornament that you made for Scott. So fun to bake cookies together. Enjoy your holiday week with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so nice when we get quilting presents isn't it - one of my girls gave me a layer cake of neutrals that will come in very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking cookies, so glad you get to visit with your family! Hope you have a Happy New Year, and Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun happening around your home! How fun to have a new video game and cookies to only have to finish and eat as you can! Happy Christmas and merry 2022 Cathie… I love the cute Scottie you made for your hubby too btw 💕
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa is looking great! Such a cute scottie doggie as well. Enjoy your family time and the memories made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Chocolate Crinkles seem to melt into the mouth..OMG my mouth is just watering. Look delicious!!! And Christmas Butter Cookies look yummy also. Here too, we had a simple and small celebration, just my daughter, my husband and me.
    My Son will come for New Year.
    Happy Holidays Cathie! Happy and Healthy 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to have your son arrive with already made cookie dough! The cookies look yummy, too! Cute Scottie dog ornament. Enjoy your time with your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cookies look so yummy and your son did a fabulous job on gifting you gorgeous fabric. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great Christmas .
    Love Santa he is growing ,
    Have another fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathie: It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.
    Nice cookies, i love decorated cookies.
    I am really looking forward to seeing what you make with the fabrics from your son, they are lovely.
    Very sweet ornament for Scott.
    Santa is looking good, nice progress.

    Happy New Year
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your son knows you well!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all make lists for each other. I offered several options as well as the option to pick for me. My son often picks a crafty gift as he knows how much I love them.

      Delete
  12. Yummy looking cookies. We overdosed on cookies at my mother's, but they were so good. Enjoy the family visit this week. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great gifts, especially lovely fabric from your son!
    Enjoy the family and I'll take this moment to say I wish you good health and good times in the New Year...for all of us too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.