Santa will now be my sole focus for the next few weeks as I will be finishing the secret stitching this weekend. Yay! Then it needs to be washed, ironed and brought to the framer.
I have been working on Santa whenever I get the chance while watching TV as the secret stitching got to the point where I really had to concentrate on what I was doing. After several hours yesterday morning I managed to get the difficult part done. All that is left is French knots which are fairly easy for me. I know there are those who hate them, but I seemed to have figured out what works for me each and almost every time.
So here is what Santa looks like now. I have been working on his mitten.
I have also added some rows to the Baby Elephant blanket. You can just see some pink starting on the top row that will be the ears. I have completed 50 of 106 rows of the graph.
You can see another wonderful house display tomorrow when I participate in the Virtual Cookie Exchange. Participants share a cookie recipe as well as a quilt and a family tradition. The last is where the house display will be shown.