Sunday, October 31, 2021

Overall Sam

Last weekend I started assembling my mother's Overall Sam quilt. Mom had completed 6 of the blocks and cut out most of the pieces for the other 3 blocks. I recently finished sewing those last three blocks and adding the embellishments. Last weekend I sewed on the sashings to put the blocks together. 

I didn't sew on the side pieces yet, because I have to fix the bottom right vertical sash that doesn't line up with the rest. I brought it over to mom to show it to her. I would love to finish it soon, but she hand quilted her Sunbonnet Sue and I want to finish this similarly. I am glad that I was at least able to show her how it came together.

I added a few stitches to Santa's gift. 

I also started another ornament.


I was hoping to get a whole lot of stitching done this weekend as Hubby and I got our COVID booster shot Friday afternoon and I planned on taking it easy and stitching. Hubby felt a little tired, but I was wiped out with chills, a massive headache and sheer exhaustion. I spent all day Saturday in bed and only started feeling human again this morning. Now I have to drink a bunch of water, because I can tell that I am very dehydrated. I am still glad I got the booster shot, because one day in bed is better than getting sick and possibly hospitalized. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I am hoping to add a few stitches to one of my projects. 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

15 comments:

  1. I so agree with you - one or two days sick from the vaccine is better than the weeks or months of feeling sick if you get the virus - I was dizzy for several weeks after getting the 3rd shot but no fever so that was good. I'm sure your mother will love that you finished her quilt for her

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the second or third shot is more powerful and you get a little sick. I too got the second and was sick for a day. Glad you are all better. do love the quilt. big hugs Lynda Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom must be so pleased that you have finished her UFO. It’s really cute! Glad you have had your booster. Santa’s gift looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Overall Sam is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mums quilt is so cute. I love there different coloured hats and dungarees! It's nice you are completing it for her. It's worth feeling rough for a day if it's going to give you some extra immunity to covid. Glad you're feeling better though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I got our third shot on Friday as well. I think I was a little off on Friday afternoon but nothing major. like you I prefer to be a little off than get sick with this terrible virus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its lovely that you can help your Mother with finishing up this cute little quilt, wonderful that two generations are working on it. Sorry to hear about your reaction to the shot, I've had two so far but not the booster one yet, and luckily didn't have any side effects. Guess it's your body going into overdrive and getting ready to fight those Covid germs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Overall Sam is so cute! I bet your mom is happy that you're finishing it for her. Hope your booster reaction is short-lived! I'm glad to have gotten mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is great you are finishing this pretty quilt.It will be very special, a quilt made by 4 hands. Hope you feel better soon. This week my daughter got her second shot and had also fever for 2 days. She is well now. And I really agree with you, Cathie. One or two days sick from the vaccine is better than days into intensive care. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Quilt , and Santa is looking great and sois your other stitching .
    Hope you are feeling much better .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathie: Overall Sam is a sweet quilt.
    Nice start on Christmas ornaments.
    Santa is beautiful even if not finished yet, he is amazing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had just as bad of a reaction to the booster as to the second vaccine. YUCK. You have my sympathies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great projects you've got before you! Your Overall Sam quilt is darling. How sweet that you're finishing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is so cute! Love your stitching too. My husband got a booster and felt tired and achy the next day. From what I'm hearing, those who are vaccinated and get Covid have a milder case.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the details you and your mother have added to the Sunbonnet Sam blocks. They are wonderful to be able to have a project you were able to work on for her. I am sure she must have taught you to sew making it so special.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.