Sunday, June 6, 2021

Gradually

I am gradually able to do a little more cross-stitching and knitting each day. I surely jnow when I have overdone it though as my upper arm aches. 

Yesterday I worked on Santa for the first time in over 3 weeks. I added a few stitches of a pale blue to the fur on his hat on the right side. I'm not sure you can even see it. It almost looks grey.

I then promptly dozed off sitting in my rocking chair. A good night's sleep has been hard to come by since my injury. It is recommended that you sleep propped up to limit the shoulder pain, but that aggravates the herniated discs on my lower back. I have had little to no pain in my shoulder when sleeping flat in my back in bed.....too bad I like to sleep on my sides. That is just not possible until my shoulder heals. So most mornings I wake up at 4 a.m. and cannot return to sleep as I am no longer comfortable on my back and my legs are restless. The latter is no doubt due to the fact that I am no longer getting my mile and a half walk in each day. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can resume those walks.

I have made decent progress on the Butterfly Baby Blanket. I had trouble getting the pattern started and had to remove the first pattern row twice, but I am on track now. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching.  Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

14 comments:

  1. Oh just look at that beautiful Santa I love him with his Jolly face ,
    I had the same problem , I have to sleep on my back still , not easy. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed that you can do any stitching or knitting at all with that shoulder of yours. Hopefully it will heal with each day and you can soon resume your walks. Take care, Cathie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you're going through, I've had shoulder surgery and then a lot of physical therapy to be pain free , it's not easy. I'm sorry about that. But try to stay calm, and make sure it'll pass and you'll be fine.
    Congratulations on being able to embroider and knit.
    Best whishes Cathie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad surgery wasn't necessary but the healing does take a while after an injury... Hopefully soon you can return to a short walk and build yourself up to more again... that will help it all getting out and about... our weather is so crazy it seems at the moment though! I can see the stitches you added to Santa... and I love the baby quilt you got figured out... can't wait to see it longer to see the pattern outright too! Be good to you my friend :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slowly, you are getting better. Hope you are able to resume your walks soon. The knitting is coming along nicely and I just love Santa! So hard to sleep in a position you are not used to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. recovery always goes so much slower than we want it to, I hope you will be healed soon and good that you can do a little every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pretty yarn bowl!
    I hope you feel better every day and are soon pain free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I totally get that sleeping position problem {I had a rotary cuff injury a few years ago!!} I ended up sleeping in our recliner...hope you can get some good rest soon...
    Your Santa is coming along nicely--I restrict my handwork to 15 minutes at a sitting still; and that seems to help...
    slowing down is hard...best of luck hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't sound like you're having much fun right now and lack of sleep is horrible. But I can see progress on your knitting from last week! And santa is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, a shoulder injury as well as herniated discs does make getting comfy rather difficult, so sorry for what you are putting up with lately. Such pretty colours in your baby blanket, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shoulder and rib fractures are always the worst as they heal on their own. Time is the only cure. Love that Santa still.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sleeping comfortably after an injury like that is always tricky. Hope it gets a little bit better each day. Your new crochet project looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you get some better sleep soon. I have trouble sleeping too, either it is my ankle arthritis or my knee, and I wake up all times of the night, so I understand the problem. Your Santa and blanket are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you got some sleep, I get super cranky when I don't sleep. Lovely stitching and I keep sending healing vibes your way so that you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.