Sunday, November 22, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching.

I've been working on adding a sleeve to a quilt that I made several years ago. 

It has been hanging over the railing of my second floor landing. Now I want to hang it on the wall next to another quilt that I have made. 

I finished that Slow Stitching yesterday. Now I have to hang it using the Hang It Dang It that I bought a while back. I love that gadget.

I have done a little bit of stitching on October Morning this week.

I added the green amongst the other colors and you can see that I just began the dark green that will become an evergreen next to the church path. I want to fill in everything to the left of those tree trunks. My university class is over, just the final exam in December, so I should have more time to stitch while waiting for math students during the day. 

I needed to use up some bananas that were quite ripe yesterday so I made muffins. 

The recipe is The Palace Cafe's Banana Walnut Muffins that I clipped from a magazine years ago. You can find it here. They are quite delicious. Once again I shared with my mom and MIL.

I have also started some assembly-line mask making. I wanted to try a new style that I found recently, but since my time is limited I used one that I know my family finds comfortable. 


I have the fabric for 8 Christmas masks all ready to sew today. I had fun going through my Christmas fabrics and scraps. Once side will be Christmas fabric and the other won't so that the masks can be worn year round. I want to have them ready to hand out at Thanksgiving, though a few will have to be sent in the mail as the recipient will not be present. We are all trying to do the right thing and limit our gathering. 

I am not sure why some of my post is left-justified and the rest is centered. It should all be centered. Sometimes the new Blogger has a mind of its own.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will find some time for some hand-stitching on October Morning today, but I do want to finish those masks.

Thanks for stopping by!




 

8 comments:

  1. I have had that problem with line justification too. Who know what happens.....certainly not I. I must admit I have never heard of a 'Hang It Dang It'. I must click on the link and see what it is. Love the colours in your quilt. I particular love the border fabric you chose. Nice to see October Morning again. Even if it is only a little stitching, every cross stitch counts. Your mother and MIL must enjoy all the baking you do for them. Enjoy stitching the masks. Enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those muffins are looking delicious, I will save the receipe. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Thanksgiven for you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few wall hangings that need sleeves...thanks for the reminder! Each and every stitch gets you closer to a finished picture. You are in full mask production! I need to make some winter themed ones as well. Take care

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's about time I made a few Christmas masks for my SIL that is working all the time. She can probably use a few seasonal ones. Nice to have the reversible option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt! I have been having trouble with things going wonky in Blogger too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty quilt you're getting ready to hang! I've been thinking of making some Christmas masks, too - just for something fun and different. Your muffins look yummy - thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy all your sewing is lovely, that is a lot of masks I'm afraid after making one I gave up and bought a few but Christmas themed ones are a great idea. Thank you for the muffin recipe link I'll be trying those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy. Such a great idea to have Christmas fabric and something else making them wearable all year around. The muffins looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.