Sunday, November 1, 2020

A bright spot in an unusual year

 I had a couple days this week where few students visited my Google Meet tutoring sessions, so I was able to add several stitches to October Morning. 

There is now a lot of fall color on the ground below the road. 

I also added a few more stitches to Three Boats. 

I am filling in to the right of the tree trunk. You can see the pinks, lavendars and blues that have been added. Soon the second of 24 pages will be completed I hope.

The brightest spot of the week is the engagement of my son and his now fiancee!

Looks like there will be another wedding in our family! We are absolutely thrilled. Who knows when the wedding will take place or how. My son and our family live on the East Coast and his fiancee and her family live on the West Coast. It was even difficult for Matt to visit his fiancee so he could propose. I really hope this pandemic wanes soon so we can celebrate. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will have to find or design another wedding sampler to stitch. I think I will wait until a date is set though. 

Thanks for stopping by! 



14 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have a new daughter in law! Hopefully a vaccine will be produced soon so that your family can get together for a wonderful celebration! Your stitcheries are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your son! We need those bright spots these days. Looks like a pretty sky is developing on Three Boats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching! Congratulations to your son and his fiance, fingers crossed they get a vaccine soon so that there can be proper family celebrations, two of my sons got married last year one in October and the other in November I'm so glad they managed to get married before the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have something to celebrate!
    You can't look at that photo of the happy couple without smiling :)
    Enjoy your slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stitching, and congratulations to your son and fiancee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to all as your family expands! Your cross stitching is lovely, as usual. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That IS a bright spot in-this year. Congratulations to all. I love this cross stitched piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you all. How fabulous for your son and his fiance. A wedding is always the happiest of events. Hopefully all the arrangements can be worked out. This year has been a dreadful one for celebrations with family. Love the photo of them both; they both look so happy! As for your stitching, more lovely progress on both. I am loving all the new colours that are now being stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cross stitching progress on your mom's piece at the church and your 3 boats piece... I am so excited for you to gain a daughter in love for your son to be happy too... My son is getting married in April... but how will that look during the pandemic I am wondering ... I wish elopements were a thing so that we celebrate properly as families later on but kids wanna have everyone celebrate with them it seems! Have a wonderful week friend :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely picture of your son and future daughter in law! That is something for you all to look forward too! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations to you and your son and your new daughter in law to be! My daughter married a CA guy. They currently live in Delaware for now. My son is getting married in Ohio on January 2nd. It should be interesting as the virus rages on...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to your son and girlfriend .
    Lets hope the New Year will be the best .
    Love your stitching , have a good week .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww, Cathie, congratulations to your son and his new fiancee! What wonderful news to be able to share!! Your stitcheries are both coming along nicely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cathie: Congratulations to the beautiful couple.
    Three Boats is really showing color, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.
    October Morning is pretty.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.