Sunday, July 26, 2020

Someday is a dangerous word

I was watching the Hallmark movie "Christmas in Rome", and the lead female character said "Someday is a dangerous word". Now this is also a famous quote from the movie "Knight and Day", but it continues "Someday is a dangerous word. Someday is code for never". This quote struck me as so very true.  It is true in our lifetime plans and it is true in our day-to-day lives. 
I have always planned that someday I would visit Europe. Hubby and I had that planned for this summer to celebrate our anniversary. He and our children have both made trips to Europe. Hubby always went for work, so I didn't join him. We could have gone as a family over the years, but for some reason we just never did. Someday we would. Well this blasted virus scuttled our European plans for this summer and probably for several years in the future. Sigh.... Someday is far away.

In my day-to-day life, I collect craft and cooking magazines. I have clipped knit and crochet patterns, cross-stitch charts as well as recipes over many years. They all are mostly sitting on shelves and in binders for someday. Well I have decided that someday is here. I am going through my recipes and have started making some of them. First was a recipe I had clipped from a Better Homes and Gardens magazine: Bourbon-sauced pork chops. It was tasty and I will make this again.  I also made No-knead Honey Bread also from a Better Homes and Gardens magazine issue.
It looks beautiful.
It tastes delicious. Hubby loved it!

Mom and I have been going through her clipped recipes too. I think we will start making some of her baking recipes together at her house. I am sure that she will enjoy doing that with me.

I have also been talking about making my daughter's former bedroom into a guest/craft room for several years now. The guest room part is done, but I haven't taken my crafts out of the basement yet. I am stuck as I use her large desk when teaching my university class online. In order to comfortably fit my sewing machine table, I would need put the desk and hutch in the basement. This is another someday project that I really have to figure out.

Patriotic Bunny was a someday project that I started before I heard that quote. I have had this pattern for many, many years. The magazine where I found it doesn't even exist any more. I have almost finished stitching it. 

Isn't he adorable. I have to finish stitching "Happy" and then I just have to add the sequins and complete the finishing to frame it with fabric. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will try to add those sequins today. 

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Bunny looks wonderful.
    Yes Someday ! are dreams that could come true one day .
    Lets hope your dreams can come true one day .
    Have fun .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get out my old recipe binders and see what is there that is new. 'Someday' is indeed a sad word, putting off what you want to do. So sorry you had to cancel your trip to Europe. I hope you get there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose 'someday' is an oft-used word. Let's hope you and your husband can enjoy your trip to Europe in a year or two. So sorry you have to wait a while. 'Tis good you are going through your torn out recipes and revisiting and cooking up some. Your patriotic bunny is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someday.... it sounds like you are taking charge and making some of those 'someday' recipes and crafts. Good for you! I hope you are able to figure out how to move the sewing room and still maintain the working desk needed in the upstairs area. Good luck and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the bread looks terrific - someday I would love to go to Europe but hubby has never been interested in that so have never even planned a trip - I would love to go to New Zealand and other places as well - maybe one day? who knows

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someday is a powerful word! I'm so sorry that your someday trip which was really going to happen had to be cancelled. So many tough things like that this year. Your bunny is turning out wonderfully! I love his big feet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well at least you have made a start on your someday projects which is more than most of us! And bunny looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry your trip got cancelled. Someday I hope to go back to Europe too. Your bread looks delicious, and your bunny is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patriotic bunny and delicious bread, looking good! So many trips and plans have been put aside due to this horrible virus. But when the time is right, (not going to say someday) we will be able to do all those things again. Meanwhile, we stitchers will keep stitching, and cooking, gardening, whatever makes us happy and takes our minds off the turmoil happening around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unable to travel is a huge disappointment. I also have clipped recipes and projects to do 'someday.' Good for you making someday happen. When you come across a good recipe - hope you share. Bunny is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of making some of my 'someday' projects happen. I am going to make an effort and go through some of my clipped recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun that your bunny is nearing the end and that is like a good story.. everything comes together at the end... I am enjoying seeing my daughters cross stitch while she is here visiting. Hope you finished "happy" yesterday and are ready to add some bling to your bunny! I liked your post this week... I agree that things shouldn't wait for "someday"! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  13. all traveling plans are up in the air for us. Seeing my daughter in Delaware is also a maybe someday. I miss seeing her. It's funny how small our world has become because of a pandemic.

    You should totally drag up your stuff to the craft room!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this post! Powerful reminder of how I use/misuse my time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such an important post, and it certainly strikes a cord inside my soul because of these uncertain times. An important reminder to live in the now and not postpone things. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.