Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Yarn and Books

I finished the knitted variegated donation scarf. 


I discovered that I don't have enough of this awful red yarn to make a full scarf. 

Thankfully, I have more of this yarn in blue. I think I will just crochet blue on either end of the red to get the length I need. At least that will get more of this yarn out of my stash.

I enjoy reading, but during the school year I just don't have the time to invest in reading a novel. I am trying to make up for that this summer. I have finished these two books recently.
I loved "Last One Home" by Debbie Macomber. This is the first book that I have read in a while that I just didn't want to put down. I enjoyed "The Sugar Camp Quilt" by Jennifer Chiaverini. This is the 7th book in the Elm Creek Quilt series. I was surprised that this entire book was set in the past which was not what I was expecting. Other books in this series usually have both a contemporary and historic part to them. Never-the-less this was an enjoyable book to read.
I am about to start reading "Angel Falls" by Kristin Hannah. I am hoping to finish this book and maybe one or two more before the summer is over. 

Joining Ginny for Yarn Along today. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are knitting and reading.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I have read a lot of Kristen Hannah's book and always like them. Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so nice to have books to read! that is a neat scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scarf , pretty colours.
    Great books I have read the Debbie's very good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the design the scarf made, it's magical! I read Hannah's book the Nightingale which I loved. Then I read The Great Alone and didn't care for that at all. Can't wait to see what you think of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the variegated wool for your top scarf is fabulous. I love the pattern it makes. Annoying when you don't have quite enough yarn to finish, but at least you have a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.