Sunday, July 14, 2019

Stitching Christmas in July

I thought I would work on my Advent Calendar, but I am loving my new magnifier so much that I have been busy stitching "Jingle as ye come, Jingle as ye go". 
I am currently working on some holly and will then stitch the bird that sits on top of it. 
I was not enjoying stitching this at all until I started using the magnifier. Now stitching is a breeze. 

I have also been adding rows to my sherbet knitted scarf
and my lavender crocheted scarf. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site and see what other bloggers are stitching.

I think I will take some coffee or tea out to the front porch and work on Jingle this morning.

My front porch view has changed somewhat this week. The landscaping in front of our house was looking quite sad. We had a hinoki cypress that was very sparse and many of the original bushes had died over the years. We also had an out of control grass that detracted from the flower bed. 
We contacted the original nursery that we used 16 years ago and they came and updated these beds. We kept the pine tree you can see on the right and the two variegated plants on the bottom left, but all the other plants are new. The rock wall and the stepping stones are original also.
Image may contain: plant, tree, grass, outdoor and nature
Isn't pretty? Just in time to look nice for my daughter's bridal shower.

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and your revamped front garden looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is beautiful. I'm curious about the magnifier you're using. The garden came out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stitching and your landscaping is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your landscaping is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stitching on your front porch seems a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your front garden looks beautiful!
    As do your scarves!
    So glad to hear you are enjoying that magnifier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the landscaping as you say it will make a stunning backdrop for the bridal shower. Lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The landscaping has needed updating for a couple of years. The upcoming bridal shower hastened the process.

      Delete
  8. Landscaping looks great. I've been working hard on mine for weeks, but it was such a jungle before it still isn't done. Love the scarves. Such pretty colors. The tiny stitching even with a magnifier I think would be tough on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not enjoy gardening except for filling pots, so this was done by my local nursery. I am amazed at how large the magnifier makes everything look. It is as if I am stitching on something larger than standard 14-count Aida cloth. I am so happy with it.

      Delete
  9. Your post is an incentive that I should get a decent magnifier so as not to strain the eyes. Front yard is quite welcoming. Great curb appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your garden looks lovely! my husband ripped out all of our overgrown half dead bushes and now it looks much better. I can see why the magnifier is fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.