Sunday, March 10, 2019

Adjustments

I have decided to make a wedding dress for my 12" bear to have on display when I host my daughter's bridal shower. It is wearing it's Leprechaun outfit right now.

  Don't worry, it won't be a surprise shower. I was having trouble finding a dress pattern to crochet. I came upon this one which I downloaded and printed, but it is for the 14" size of my bear. (Sorry for the awfully dark photo, but it is a miserably dark and rainy day here and this is the best photo that I could get.)
No worries about the size though. I have crocheted the witch outfit below for my bear in the past, so I am just going to go with the torso sizing for this dress and the adjust the skirt sizing of the Bridal Bear to fit the number of stitches. It shouldn't be too hard. 
Now I have to go buy some white yarn. You would think that I would have some hanging around in my stash, but alas I do not. I have to get the yarn this week as we are driving up to my daughter at the end of the week as her own wedding gown has arrived and needs a first try-on. I am hoping to start crocheting the dress in the car while Hubby is driving to Boston. Gee, I hope he was planning to go with me. LO

I am wearing my back brace and it helps a lot. If I don't wear it right now, I pay the price with pain. Each day is a different experience. Some days I feel far better than others. I can't really say that I am at all feeling close to being healed. My right thigh and knee are still quite numb and I have a burning sensation down the leg most of the time. I am spending a lot of my time at home at my kitchen table as I can't sit on a couch or soft chair. I am cross-stitching, reading and playing around on the computer. I did go to work 4 days this week. I am faithfully going to therapy and resigning myself to the fact that I might need an MRI and/or an epidural. Full pain relief would be gladly welcomed. I am not sure how the 4 hour car ride at the end of the week will go, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can stop often and I will be comfortable.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will be working on my secret cross-stitch. It is coming along nicely as I spend so much time at my kitchen table.

Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. I’m glad the back brace is helping. The pain you are experiencing sounds miserable. At least you are able to sit at the table to stitch and crochet. The bear will look cute in her bridal outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to getting back to working with yarn. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear Cathie I hope you get some relief from this pain soon. That sounds dreadful! I vote for full on epidural for a break! Take good care of yourself and hopefully you can enjoy creating the bridal outfit for the bear. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constant back pain would be so difficult to live with. I hope you can get some relief soon, as day after day of pain would make your days go so slow. Yes, an epidural sounds like it could help. The crochet wedding dress for the bear sounds wonderful. How exciting to have a wedding on your horizon. I hope the four hour drive is okay. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With my back and arthritis issues, I find sitting in my fancy office chair the most comfortable place to sit and do most everything. I cannot image have to wear a brace. That wedding dress will be so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathie: What a cute wearing of the green.
    Happy St. Patricks Day.
    I am looking forward to seeing the wedding bear dress.
    I hope your leg gets better soon.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I continue to pray you get the relief you seek, nerve pain is the WORST. I herniated a disc in 1999 (did not require any spinal surgery) but it was awful!! love the idea of a dress for your bear :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.