Wednesday, January 18, 2017

New Projects

I started a new craft. I had purchased one of those Shawl in a Ball skeins of yarn a while ago. I am not sure how much I like this yarn, but I am busy knitting a shawl. I had a hard time deciding on the pattern. I wanted to crochet this shawl, but I didn't like any of the available patterns. I settled on the Feather and Fan shawl which is a very simple, lacy knitted 4 row pattern that I keep messing up. Ugh! 
I was hoping for a knit that was fairly mindless, but I really have to concentrate. As I said, I think part of the problem is the yarn. It tends to catch on itself and is not soft and luscious. I really want to make a shawl though and I don't want to buy any more yarn to do so. I have finally completed one 4 row repeat without a mistake.
I did purchase this beauty from my LYS. It is a sock-weight yarn. 
I plan to make another On The Tracks infinity scarf, this time for my daughter. She borrowed mine when she was home at Christmas and I asked her if she would like one. Her birthday is the end of this month so I think that if I get my act together she might actually get it this year. It is a crocheted project which usually goes quickly for me. 

I am joining Ginny for Yarn Along. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to. As for my own reading...not happening. I started a book when I had a break at work, but I really only have about 15 minutes a day besides lunch which I spend with co-workers. I am catching up on some magazines that I have laying around. That is enough reading for right now.

Thanks for stopping by! 



8 comments:

  1. That feather and fan pattern is difficult. I've only used it for dishcloths, and there was almost always a mistake somewhere. Good luck finishing it, and the more you do it, the easier it should become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love feather and fan, it reminds me of my mom who used to make afghans out of that stitch! Pretty knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is off to a beautiful start!
    I hope the yarn behaves better as you continue to work thru this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you are knitting keep going it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathie: Lovely yarn, what a beautiful design.
    I look forward to seeing the finished scarf.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worth the work it really is a beautiful pattern, it will look stunning. Impressive new yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the shawl is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.