Monday, December 1, 2014

Decorating

It is unusual for me to begin decorating for Christmas prior to December 1st. Since I don't know how many days I will be working each week, I realized I have to take advantage of any free time available to decorate my home and start baking. 
Traditionally, the first Christmas item I put out is my Advent calendar. 

This year Hubby and I set up my New England Village on Saturday. This is the full view of this year's set up. It changes a little bit each year.
A skaters holding their dresses are some that my Mom gave me that I grew up with. The gliding girl and the boy are more recent purchases (by recent I mean sometime in the last 15 years).
I think that I always place the church in the center .
Can you see Santa and his reindeer on the roof of the home on the right?
Even my village has a fabric and quilt vendor....the two figurines on the right below. You can also see the jam and jellies vendor in the picture above.
Thanks for stopping by!




9 comments:

  1. I have skaters like that too! I only bring them and a lady in a sleigh out now and put them with non-breakable people because of the grands but I had the whole set from my mom for years that I used when my kids were growing up! :) What fun to see them here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Winter scene, i love your last picture with the lights in the house - just magical.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your village looks lovely! I look forward to seeing your decorations over the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful start to the season. A truly beautiful winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am enjoying looking at it right now.

      Delete
  5. I love your /village--I wish I had begun collecting when I was younger--now it seems a bit late in the day at 71!! Still am enchanted with them though...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too pretty! We work on ours slowly. We started today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Beautiful set up. Puts me in that Holiday mood !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.